Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Automatic Feeder Suggestions

Maddie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Hi!
Since Astrid is now on a diet, she has certain times she likes her food now. So to keep this when my school schedule changes, I am looking into an automatic portion/feeder that allows me to pick times for four meals, and measures in tablespoons.
Would love some suggestions!
My budget is pretty flexible so don't worry if it was expensive or whatnot. If it's great I am willing to invest in a good one that will last :)
Jaws needs to eat XD if I'm late for lunch time (1pm) Astrid "yells" at me and stretches up to try and reach the bag on the counter. (She is not allowed on the counters)It's funny but she likes her schedule ! Lol

Maddie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Bonus Astrid Pic! Lol The death glare
IMG_2574.JPG

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Don't have experience with automatic feeders so hope others will chime in. That death glare says is all: better feed this girl on time:)

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
1632719425f8284b71db53c39f140d35.jpg

There are many fancy feeders out there but we went with the basic model and have 3 of these. It is battery operated which is why I like it. No bells or whistles just basic and easy to store them away when not in use.This style also has option to put ice pack in bottom under dish in some models in case you want to feed wet. Since you want 4 meals it probably won't be ideal as it is a 2 meal feeder, but it gives you an idea of things to consider. I like basic so cat sitter is not challenged setting it as well.

Patti

meandmytwo

Lairian
We have this one : Smart Pet Feeder, Automatic Dog & Cat Feeder. 5 Star Reviews. (Feed and Go)
We LOVE it.

It's expensive but we really appreciate every one of the features. One time expense but overall has saved time and money and peace of mind (being able to call them over and see that they're eating/sharing was important to me in the beginning). Being on my own, I was having to take time off work to feed a couple of their 4 meals/day. Though my schedule is a little bit flexible, having the feeder made much more sense... time off work, gas coming and going etc.

We have relatively reliable/consistent internet and power so have only had a few minor glitches.

I use it for their two kibble snacks during the day. Morning and night I'm able to serve their wet.

Have a look and read the reviews. Some are mixed and I agree it's noisy but it only took 2 days for my boys to adapt and now it does not bother them in the least.

Last edited:

Maddie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@meandmytwo Where did you end up buying yours? I can only find it on US amazon

I think they must be remaking it or something, thy are out of stock at many places

Last edited:

meandmytwo

Lairian
@Maddie I did get mine from the Canadian amazon site. There were plenty available then (a few months ago) but ya, I see they are not currently available. There was some talk of an upgrade at that time - adding a tray on top or underneath that would hold ice.

On that note, I recently learned that setting ice over top of something instead of underneath keeps food cooler longer because cold air sinks. More often we see ice packs underneath. But it seems obvious now that I read that haha.

I did see one (1 available) on amazon .ca a week ago but it was for a ridiculous markup and not from the official feed and go people ($600!). I got mine for $295 CAD and shipping was free.

If the exchange rate is fair and the shipping is reasonable I am sure ordering from the .com site would be fine (but after just now going through the motions to order to check it does not appear to be the best option). But I have ordered from the .com before.

I bet they are coming back better than ever. :)

Last edited:
Back