Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

silly4lilly

Lairian
if you are thinking about seeing a movie, i would def. recommend avatar. it was AWSOME!!!!!!!!!!!! you have to see it in 3D, though!!!! it was a little long (almost 3 hrs) but it is def. worth it, and the time goes by fast because the movie was so good!!!!!!! :ThumbsUp:

kerrie78

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
if you are thinking about seeing a movie, i would def. recommend avatar. it was AWSOME!!!!!!!!!!!! you have to see it in 3D, though!!!! it was a little long (almost 3 hrs) but it is def. worth it, and the time goes by fast because the movie was so good!!!!!!! :ThumbsUp:

It was good & I don't like sci fi.... i got a bootleg of it so we didn't see in 3d.

heather

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I was wondering if I would like this movie. I don't know anything about it and saw the previews and couldn't tell what it is about! Looks like a lot of action so I can see how it would be entertaining and go by fast.

Fester

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
My wife and I saw Avatar in 3d. we are both animation fans, and loved the art.

the non-character elements -- plants, animals, scenery -- were beyond outstanding, it created a believable world.

The 'actors' were done so well that you wouldn't be surprised if you saw one walking down the street (the human ones any way)

overall I'd recommend watching it to anyone, with a caveat: If you think Star Trek is too 'preachy' then you probably won't care for the story/plot of Avatar, but you should still see it for the visual art work.

silly4lilly

Lairian
My wife and I saw Avatar in 3d. we are both animation fans, and loved the art.

the non-character elements -- plants, animals, scenery -- were beyond outstanding, it created a believable world.

The 'actors' were done so well that you wouldn't be surprised if you saw one walking down the street (the human ones any way)

overall I'd recommend watching it to anyone, with a caveat: If you think Star Trek is too 'preachy' then you probably won't care for the story/plot of Avatar, but you should still see it for the visual art work.

Everyone was raving how it took 12 years for technology to catch up to make this film. i had no idea why......i thought all of the people on pandora (blue people) were cg'd... until my dad told me they werent!!!! the actors are actually acting and doing their own stunts!!! even for the horses in Pandora, they used real horses. its hard to explain, so watch this video!!!! if you dont want to watch the whole thing, skip to about 3:19

http://www.hulu.com/watch/110975/making-a-scene-avatar

harley

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
:Woo:We wanted to see it, but I wondered if it would be good. Thanks. We had it confused at first with Avatar The last air Bender Cartoon my Daughters watch, because that movie is coming out too. But once we watched the previews a couple of times I realized they were not the same movie.. I want to see them both though.. Thanks I will take the girls this week to see it.:ThumbsUp:

harley

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
She loved it!!!!!!! She said at one point they stood up and cheered.
It was 3 hours long but all worth it to her. how old are your girls? she is 11.

:BigSmile:My oldest is 13 and my youngest is 8 so I am hoping they will both enjoy it too. They like the previews:Surprise:Thanks for letting me know.

nbolin

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I just went to see it in 3D yesterday, and it was fricken AWESOME!!!!!!! This movie is going to get a lot of awards!!!

heather

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I just went to see it in 3D yesterday, and it was fricken AWESOME!!!!!!! This movie is going to get a lot of awards!!!

That's cool! One of my co-workers just recommended the 3D too. I'm going to see it soon. :ThumbsUp:

Back