Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

AWOL

Anita Eccleston

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Hello there everyone
Well guys I haven’t gone awol
I appear to have caught Nailahs eye infection
The Doctor says I have conjunctivitis ! My eye feels like I have dirt in it all the time ! It’s blood shot gee it’s annoying but also very sore !
How my poor baby girl as been coping with the annoying part never mind the pain I’ve no idea ! She is one strong little girl !
I can’t look at the screen on my phone for long or even the tv !
My little girl may have poorly eyes but she never stops getting into mischief lol she is back on my shelves again !
I’ve actually bought some pet steps from amazon so she can climb on and off the bed , I couldn’t believe it ! Amazon prime they were only £19 I shall show you when they arrive , so then she can be as free as Cleo and Bagins ..
I think my Mr Bagins needs therapy I really do no joke .. one minuet he loves Cleo and Nailah the next he actually as them screeching ! And he doesn’t stop if I shout I have to actually push him away from them ! I thought him being fixed would have stopped this behaviour . I bought the plug ins they worked for a short time then he was as naughty as ever he was ! I give him time out when he is in a really mean mood . But it’s just not fair for Cleo and Nailah !
Please if any of you can give me some advice I’d be eternally grateful ! My nice Mr Bagins is so loving , I said to my mike the Hubster id sweat he was bi polar ( our eldest daughter is this is one of the reasons we’ve brought up her sons ) or blinking PMT if he was a girl !
Cleo and Nailah are so quiet is it just a boy thing ?
Xxxx❤❤❤❤Xxxx

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Anita Eccleston awhh sweetie healing vibes sent !

As for Mr Bagins , well I have shared that my Toby was a brat..
I would time out him , rdorect smd tell him Toby have looooove .. geez he as a teenage brat ..
he outgrew it amd is very motherly to them now ... he is now Toby Love
How old is my Bagins ? Could just be a brat stage ... it can also take months till they for, their little pack ... just tales a lot of love time and patience .

Speedy recovery vibes amd Head smooches sent !

Please keep us updated as you can

Anita Eccleston

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@Anita Eccleston awhh sweetie healing vibes sent !

As for Mr Bagins , well I have shared that my Toby was a brat..

I would time out him , rdorect smd tell him Toby have looooove .. geez he as a teenage brat ..
he outgrew it amd is very motherly to them now ... he is now Toby Love
How old is my Bagins ? Could just be a brat stage ... it can also take months till they for, their little pack ... just tales a lot of love time and patience .

Speedy recovery vibes amd Head smooches sent !

Please keep us updated as you can
Hi there !
The naughty Mr Bagins is 19 month old now ! He is a brat but he is our brat ! We love him and so I for see a lot of time outs coming his way , and more talk of the home for naughty boys who don’t get treats or toys
Xxx❤❤❤❤Xxxx

Anita Eccleston

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Oh sorry to hear you have eye problems. Speedy recovery!
Hello !
I couldn’t swear to it but I am sure I got it from Nailah .. after saying this neither Cleo or Bagins have so I’ve no idea but it’s sore lol
Xxx❤❤❤❤Xxx

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Anita Eccleston healing vibes continue
From my understanding feline conjunctivitis is not zoonotic (transmittable to humans ) but can be passed to other pets

Good question for your vet ... interested to know your vets reply

Give your eye a rest amd check in when able

Hugs n head smooches!

Sheldon13

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Oh goodness what a mess! I do hope you are on the mend now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Anita Eccleston

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Hello everyone thank you for your kind replies !
My eye is still weeping blood shot but I think it’s getting better
Nailah is back at the vet this evening for a check on her eye plus her second injection
Xxx❤❤❤❤Xxx

Anita Eccleston

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@Anita Eccleston continuing healing vibes to you and positive vibes forNailah s follow up

What vaccine is she getting today?
Hello there love !
Nailah got back a little while ago vet said her eyes are fine but continue to use the drops until I’ve used them up !
Her injection is the second part of the 8 week one .. she didn’t flinch my mike said ( the hubster ) I forgot to ask did they weigh her , il ask later when he as eaten .
Nailah is actually as lively as a cricket ! Since she got back ( she is attempting to climb on the shelf like the big kids do but failing I’m going to ask Bagins peg her up lol )
Nailah as beautiful eyes but half of the time her pupils are so big you can’t see the colour of her iris .. oh her stairs arrived today ! We are going to have to teach her how to use them
Xxx❤❤❤❤Xxx

Staceyxxx

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I hope your eye infection clears up! Aww I love reading about your babies there so funny, mr Baggins is maybe making sure that girls know he’s the boss, hopefully he start behaving himself Sending love from Scotland :love:

Anita Eccleston

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I hope your eye infection clears up! Aww I love reading about your babies there so funny, mr Baggins is maybe making sure that girls know he’s the boss, hopefully he start behaving himself Sending love from Scotland :love:
Hiya love !
I’m telling you it’s all sibling rivalry ! He defo got middle child syndrome ah
At this very moment he has his back pushed up tight to mine to stop Nailah but she is sat on my hip waiting for him to move ah ha and Cleo is just watching them thinking will they ever just be nice ah ha
I do think Nailah will have the same temperament as Cleo ! After all there could only be one ginger ninja Bagins
Xxx❤❤❤❤Xxx

Staceyxxx

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Hiya love !
I’m telling you it’s all sibling rivalry ! He defo got middle child syndrome ah
At this very moment he has his back pushed up tight to mine to stop Nailah but she is sat on my hip waiting for him to move ah ha and Cleo is just watching them thinking will they ever just be nice ah ha
I do think Nailah will have the same temperament as Cleo ! After all there could only be one ginger ninja Bagins
Xxx❤❤❤❤Xxx
Haha:0 there sure only one mr bagins and thank god, I love the name nailah so cute!)(

Cinderstar95

Lairian
I'm sorry to hear that you are sick! Eye stuff really sucks. I've scratched my cornea before and its not fun!
I agree with @Yoda mom unless little Nailah has a zoonotic infection, you didn't get it from her. There are so few of them, and she would be absolutely miserable if it was bad enough to transfer to you. its likely just coincidence, especially since the others dont have it. Most of the common bacteria that infect cats are cat specific, and the human body doesn't get infected by them.
That being said, Conjunctvitis is extremely contagious to other humans, so be careful not to infect your family! constant hand washing and don't let them touch anything you've touched after touching your eyes.
Best wishes on a quick recovery!

Anita Eccleston

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Haha:0 there sure only one mr bagins and thank god, I love the name nailah so cute!)(
Hiya love !
Hope you’ve had a good Saturday !
The grandbabies all wanted other names and I don’t really ever not let them have their way !
They chose Cleo because of Cleopatra the Egyptian Queen , I liked it so I said ok !
With Mr Billbo Bagins I really wasn’t keen to be totally honest , and I said ok we call him Billbo but oh no the kids wanted Bagins !!
So again I gave in ! But I must admit I really like Bagins now ( plus I always add some aka on to it ah ha )
So with Nailah I really fell in love and I let them have bambino as her middle name
Not often I get my own way with these kids and grandbabies of ours !!
I knew she was sent to earth for me as she was born 23 March my birthday is the 19 March .. they then said she can come home on the 24 May mine and the hubsters wedding anniversary ...
xxx❤❤❤❤Xxx