Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Babies!

Melonie

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Soon, I hope. Not kitty, hedgehog! Hedgehogs are impossible to tell if pregnant until they have the babies, it is getting close to baby time if the last breeding took place. Last time no babies, so I am hoping this time. If not I will try one more time then give up. It was just a hobby, nothing special. I did get a mentor and they are papered, but I only have one male and one female hehe. If no babies by the 12th I don't think there will be any.

Melonie

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
35 days! I left them in together for 10 days so anytime now up until the 12th! I will put them back in together at the first of July if no babies again. Sometimes it is just not ment to be. You can't breed a hedgehog older than nine months thats never had a litter before so I only have one more chance!

Melonie

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Their pelvic bones fuse together. And they cannot deliver if they get pregnant after 9 months.

havingalook

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Love hedgehogs.

We used to have them in our back garden all the time, back home. Noisy little monsters sometimes :LOL: but great to have around as a natural pest control (they love slugs etc.)

Last edited:

Melonie

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I have tried to get them to eat bugs but they won't all they want is cat food. They loved canned cat food! I have never really heard mine make noise minus running on their wheels and getting huffy with me if they don't want to be bothered.

havingalook

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I have tried to get them to eat bugs but they won't all they want is cat food. They loved canned cat food! I have never really heard mine make noise minus running on their wheels and getting huffy with me if they don't want to be bothered.

Spoilt.:LOL:

Are they native/ Do they live wild here in the US? I know we have them in the UK.

I thought my house was getting broke into once, there was a couple 'getting to know each other' by my back door :LOL:

Sam lewis

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
35 days! I left them in together for 10 days so anytime now up until the 12th! I will put them back in together at the first of July if no babies again. Sometimes it is just not ment to be. You can't breed a hedgehog older than nine months thats never had a litter before so I only have one more chance!

35 Days!!! The lucky B****s!

Mo tries to get under the shed to get to the hedgehogs in my mums garden, you have to really watch him :Surprise:

Melonie

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
My cats like to watch them if they are in their cages but when I let them out to play they all hide. They are scared of them!

Back