Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

BABIES!!!!!!

susi794

Staff member
I got home from school to babies--one in the bassinette, one on the big heated throw and one still born babe. Since then we have another! They all look pinky so far, but since Lulu is pointed,I think no one will show color for a bit. Don't know what sex they are yet either--one looks a bit darker than the other two. They look to be healthy and Lulu is very happy with them. They are moving around well, suckling and have some lungs on them too! They are loud little squealers! Music to my ears though!
Here's the first pics:

gizmo6370

Banned
Awwww....congrats:Smile:...funny i just asked you about them :LOL:

Is Boo a mink or a point ?
If he's a mink...you will have 50 % point and 50 % mink....if they are both point...so will all the kittens be then :Smile:
Colors are hard to predict....because Boo is white...and you don't know witch color he's hidding under his white coat....

klreese

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
YAY Susi!!!! Congratulations on your new additions! and very sorry to hear about the little one who didn't make it :(
Glad to hear momma and babies are all doing good!! Keep the pictures coming!

susi794

Staff member
Awwww....congrats:Smile:...funny i just asked you about them :LOL:

Is Boo a mink or a point ?
If he's a mink...you will have 50 % point and 50 % mink....if they are both point...so will all the kittens be then :Smile:
Colors are hard to predict....because Boo is white...and you don't know witch color he's hidding under his white coat....

Boo has aqua eyes, so he's a mink, right? Lulu has blue so she is a point. Am really lousy with the color thing--when do they start showing color? Lulu and Boo are my first mink and point and I don't know much about the thermal thing....guess I had better learn. LOL!

susi794

Staff member
Congradulations on the kittens they are so cute!! Someone had metioned to me that all sphynx kittens need to be bottle fed. Is this true?

Not true. If Mama has enough milk and is a good mommy, she takes care of the feeding. If not, then sometimes you have to supplement.

gizmo6370

Banned
Boo has aqua eyes, so he's a mink, right? Lulu has blue so she is a point. Am really lousy with the color thing--when do they start showing color? Lulu and Boo are my first mink and point and I don't know much about the thermal thing....guess I had better learn. LOL!

If he got aqua eyes he is a mink....color starts showing in a few days ( the mink kittens that is...just like you already said earlier...one looks a bit darker then the others )...the point kittens will show color later....and it's also depending on witch color they are gonna be...the darker colors like black ( seal ) and blue will show sooner then the reds and creams...that can take up to a few weeks....

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
You have it right.
Aquas are minks and blue eyes are points.
You have to be real careful with Thermals because they can change on you.
Wrinkles is a example of that.
She was a Seal Point and White and turned into a Seal Tortie point and White.
I can help you with the colors when they get older.
Here are some pics of how Wrinkles changed.

NakedNinja

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
*Squealing with joy!!!*

I've been hanging out here checking to see when they arrived. Congratulations!!!!

Love the pictures. Mama looks so content and proud. They're adorable.

Hooray for happy, healthy kitters!

marlene

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Finally, finally, finally! Maybe little Yule is there! I can't imagine how happy you are, I know I'm crying from happiness here. For both you and me.

One is darker than the others, for sure. I've been trying to figure out the color genetics too but know very little about points, thermals, etc. All I know about are basic Maine Coon colors and patterns.

Which eye color is dominant, blue or aqua? Is it possible for a kitty to express one color but carry a recessive for the other? Is it possible for blue and aqua to "mix", like in MC it's not unusual for eyes to be a mixture of green/gold (usually gold at the center, green towards the outside)?

Since Boo is solid white, all his offspring will carry the "solid" gene, right? Cause in MC the gene that causes a solid color (i.e. a single color cat, no tabby pattern) is recessive. So his babies will carry solid but won't express solid unless they also happen to inherit solid from the mother.

But is it possible for his babies to express "with white" if the mother doesn't have white?

And how do the pointed kitties work? Is pointed a dominant gene or the expression of having received a recessive pointed gene from each parent?

And does sealpoint have a dilute expression? Like how red kitties can inherit a recessive dilute gene from each parent and the red will be expressed as cream?

I don't think any little boys could have red/cream on them because Lulu doesn't have it.

These hybrid colors and patterns are all so confusing!

Yay for babies!

Back