Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Baby got her wings

Silke

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Baby, my landlady's whippet, was put to sleep today.
She deteriorated a lot in the past week, and Beate made the decision to let her go gently, rather than prolong with meds. (Baby had brain tumors, most likely cancerous.)
Today, she was being loved on by us, got her favorite foods, and had cuddles.
We took her to the vet about an hour ago.
Since she was so calm while we waited in the car, the vet came out to the car and put her to sleep in Beate's arms.
I drove them, because there is nothing worse than having to do this on your own, and I didn't want Beate to have to drive, after.
Baby had a great life, always out, always around people, always free, rarely a leash.

Baby was always running everywhere, always happy to see people, always wagging that tail, so that's how we'll remember her.
Baby-2016-2.jpg

I've ordered a canvas print of this pic for Beate. (She doesn't know.)

Fly free, little one. We'll miss your happy little face around here.

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
So sorry to hear she got her wings. That pic will make a nice canvas. It was nice of you to go with her it is just so difficult and going alone is even worse.

Toa and Ross

Staff member
So sorry to hear of the loss of Baby.

Glad you were with her today and was there to support her. The photo is a lovely present that make a beautiful memorie

Silke

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I was glad to help. She may not be my dog, but you get attached anyway.
When Beate told me yesterday, I straight away said I'm driving.
That way she could hold her and didn't have to stress Baby, or herself.
Baby is now laid to rest under the big Lilac tree by the stables.

I have better (read: Sharper) pics of Baby, but this one is so typical of her. Charging toward you to say hi. :)
And it's before the tumors on her face were visible, so I'm really glad I'm a photography freak who just snaps everything.

Sheldon13

Staff member
Aww. You've been worried about her lately. I'm glad you are such a good neighbor and friend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lynn W

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
So sorry to hear the sad news of your friends pup getting her wings. What a darling dog Baby was, such a great picture of her. You are a wonderful friend to Beate for not letting her go through this alone.

nudieluvr

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@Silke I panicked when I saw you post under this thread thinking that it was one of your hairless babies. I'm thinking of you and your landlord. It probably wasn't easy to go through all that but I'm sure they were super thankful for you

Yoda mom

Staff member
Baby lives in hearts she touched forever ..
Fly high and free sweet angel ^Baby^
((Comforting hugs to you amd Beate))
Thr canvas is a beautiful tribute to a very special Baby

Back