Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Baby, It’s Coold Outside!

Cleopatra Beers

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Hiiii ever’body! Cleopatra, Queen of Blizzards here today!
So yesterday, Stinky Markie and me learned a new word! It’s “blizzard!” That happens when LOTS and LOTS of white stuff falls outta the sky and it gets realllllly coold outside! Mommy says that it snowed 6 inches, but all I know is that every time Daddieo or Adam went outta the house, they came back with that white stuff all over their boots! Then they got it onna Mommy’s wood floor and Mommy got all mad about it! That’s cause it turns magically into water Inna house!!!

In case you are worried about Stinky and Me, we stayed nice and warm. Mommie decided that she wanted to wrap up Inna her pretty blanket that she made last year, so I spent a LOT of time Inna blanket with her. Mommy also made us some neat-o caves by putting blankets over a chair and a table that are in front of the warm air blower thingies. We also have blankets and an Alpaca skin rug in our caves!!! We like them soooo much that we fight about who gets the Alpaca one!!! And I have to beat up Stinky Markie all the time so he KNOWS who gets the Alpaca cave!!! And Daddieo got a neat-o picture of the Cardinal bird Inna snow onna birdie feeder. I wonder if he has a nice warm cave too?
Love ALL ya-ALL!!!!!!!
Cleopatra, Queen of Blizzards!
PS. I am not really sharing the Alpaca cave with Stinky, I’m just waiting for him to get comfy.....then watch out!
45064862-1BE3-4A55-9033-EBED826D546A.jpeg
AF6D128F-2E8B-43B3-8E2E-419B49217942.jpeg

Cleopatra Beers

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Hi again, Julie here. Please ignore Markie’s dirty nose. They are both pretty dirty, but I don’t want to bathe with the weather as cold as it is. Next weekend maybe. The picture of them is in their Alpaca cave. I put an Alpaca skin pillow sham (no pillow) under the chair in front of the dining room vent, and draped a blanket over the chair. Cleo has been really funny. She will get in my lap under a knit blanket or shawl, and then when the heat turns on, she races to the Alpaca cave. If Marcus is there, she chases him out and around the house most of the time. Then they both either settle in that cave or one of them goes to the cave we made in the living room. When the heat goes off again, she is back in my lap again.
While it is cold outside, we’ve been keeping the house at about 71 degrees. The cats would like it warmer, but they are doing pretty well as is.

I hope everyone else in the Midwest is staying warm with this weather.

Toa and Ross

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
@Cleopatra Beers Hello Queen of Blizzards, thank you for learning me a new word too. That white stuff that changes into water sounds very funny. Maybe you can play in it on a warm sunshiny day. Although my mommy says there's no white stuff when it's warm but then again my mom is wrong all the time. The alpaca cave looks very cosy and neat. The perfect place for you. Good thing you're beating up Marcus so he knows it's yours.

Stay warm!

Love,

Jade

susi794

Staff member
Cleo, dis is Othie. My mom readed me your ventures in da alpaca cave. I tole her I need one of dem, but her said we don’t got no alpacas in Michigan to make us one. I have a tent inna my bedroooom with a warm maker in it. My princess blankies is on mom’s bed, so i can burrow into em, but my sissters keep a tryin to hog them, so ever once in awhile, i slap them so they know they is mine too. I is keepin warm and snuggly here. I am happee you is too.

Brrrrrrrrr,
Othie and Susi

Cleopatra Beers

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
@Cleopatra Beers Hello Queen of Blizzards, thank you for learning me a new word too. That white stuff that changes into water sounds very funny. Maybe you can play in it on a warm sunshiny day. Although my mommy says there's no white stuff when it's warm but then again my mom is wrong all the time. The alpaca cave looks very cosy and neat. The perfect place for you. Good thing you're beating up Marcus so he knows it's yours.

Stay warm!

Love,

Jade
Hiiii Jade!!!!
You are welcome! Mommy says that we should all learn new words every day! They make us smart!!! But she says that my faves, the cuss words, are NOT the kind of words I need to learn! That’s okay, cause I already know them!!!! Anyhoo, I consulted with Mommy and Daddieo, and they agree with your Mommy that the white stuff turns into water when the sunny shines and it is hot outside! But today the sunny was shining and the white stuff was still onna ground!!! Mommy says that was cause it was only 22 degrees (f). She says it wasn’t hot enough!!!

I dunno, alla this thinking makes my head hurt! Anyhoo, I love my Alpaca cave, and maybe your Mommie can make you an alpaca cave too!!! Or maybe only a blankie cave-those are fun too!!!

I gotta go now, Daddieo is making some dinner, and I need to tell him to make MY dinner too!!! Daddieos!!! They are so much trouble!!! First I gotta get him to stop writing and feed me all day, and now I gotta get him to feed ME instead of Mommy first!!!!!
Love you!!!!!
Cleopatra, Queen of White Stuff!

Cleopatra Beers

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Cleo, dis is Othie. My mom readed me your ventures in da alpaca cave. I tole her I need one of dem, but her said we don’t got no alpacas in Michigan to make us one. I have a tent inna my bedroooom with a warm maker in it. My princess blankies is on mom’s bed, so i can burrow into em, but my sissters keep a tryin to hog them, so ever once in awhile, i slap them so they know they is mine too. I is keepin warm and snuggly here. I am happee you is too.

Brrrrrrrrr,
Othie and Susi
Hiii Othie!!!!!
You need to take your Mommie to the computer thingie and show her that you DO have Alpacasies in Michigan (whatever a Michigan is...)!!! All she needs to do is go to the computer thingie and find Alpaca kitty beds or Alpaca pillow covers and order it and POOF! It will come to you by magic, and you will have your very own Alpaca cave!!!!!
Hey! I gotta idea!!! My Daddieo haz showed me how to order stuff onna computer thingie and that Amazon thingie!!!! I’ll show you how to do it, and when your Mommie is asleepy-sleep, you can order your very own Alpaca to make an Alpaca cave!!! Your Mommie will never know!!!
Then you wont have to share with your sisters, especially that Pearlie!!! If Pearlie wants an Alpaca cave, she can get her own Alpaca!!!

I know!! Your sisters can ALL get their own Alpacas!!! They’re small, and my Mommie says they fold up and fit in a mini-van!!! So your Mommie will never know they’re there!!!!!

[Cleopatra runs off to search for Alpacas on the Internet]
Othie’s new pets

NinaGato

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Hey Julie and Bob....glad you are staying warm. I bet this is a BIG change for you all from desert weather. Glad you all are staying warm. We have radiator heating and the cats live between the radiator beds and cocooned in a blanket

Anita Eccleston

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Hi again, Julie here. Please ignore Markie’s dirty nose. They are both pretty dirty, but I don’t want to bathe with the weather as cold as it is. Next weekend maybe. The picture of them is in their Alpaca cave. I put an Alpaca skin pillow sham (no pillow) under the chair in front of the dining room vent, and draped a blanket over the chair. Cleo has been really funny. She will get in my lap under a knit blanket or shawl, and then when the heat turns on, she races to the Alpaca cave. If Marcus is there, she chases him out and around the house most of the time. Then they both either settle in that cave or one of them goes to the cave we made in the living room. When the heat goes off again, she is back in my lap again.
While it is cold outside, we’ve been keeping the house at about 71 degrees. The cats would like it warmer, but they are doing pretty well as is.

I hope everyone else in the Midwest is staying warm with this weather.
Hello there firstly you put a lovely smile on my face with the two greats threads. !
We think it gets cold here in the uk but boy we don’t have anything as serious as you guys .. in the uk a few inches of snow and the country comes to a halt ! We should actually take advice from the states , cause our government really don’t have a clue about bad weather and how to weather the storm so to speak ! It’s embarrasding if I’m honest !

Boy does your home sound so seriously cosy ! The fire all stoked up blankies make shift homes the heating cranked up !
We don’t get blizzards here in the uk (( we get loads of rain ))
I bet you really have to stock up for winter ! No nipping to corner shop cause you ran outta tea bags ah !
Stay blessed stay warm and cosy
Keep us up dated with the weather and nakid kiddy actions lol
(( in my house Bagins does the exact same thing as your cleopatra ! And my poor Cleo gets bullied off the naughty boy ))
Xxx❤️❤️❤️

Cleopatra Beers

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Hey Julie and Bob....glad you are staying warm. I bet this is a BIG change for you all from desert weather. Glad you all are staying warm. We have radiator heating and the cats live between the radiator beds and cocooned in a blanket
Yes, this is a big change for us. But we lived in South Dakota before going to Nevada, so we do know cold. However, Marcus has decided that he doesn’t like the white stuff or snow shoveling the porch and steps. He hid in the basement while we shoveled, and he’s slinking around all upset.
How did you do in this storm? I know it covered most of the Midwest. We got 6 inches of snow, and along with the snow we had in October, we’ve had more than all of last year. Your cats must love their radiators.

Cleopatra Beers

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Hello there firstly you put a lovely smile on my face with the two greats threads. !
We think it gets cold here in the uk but boy we don’t have anything as serious as you guys .. in the uk a few inches of snow and the country comes to a halt ! We should actually take advice from the states , cause our government really don’t have a clue about bad weather and how to weather the storm so to speak ! It’s embarrasding if I’m honest !

Boy does your home sound so seriously cosy ! The fire all stoked up blankies make shift homes the heating cranked up !
We don’t get blizzards here in the uk (( we get loads of rain ))
I bet you really have to stock up for winter ! No nipping to corner shop cause you ran outta tea bags ah !
Stay blessed stay warm and cosy
Keep us up dated with the weather and nakid kiddy actions lol
(( in my house Bagins does the exact same thing as your cleopatra ! And my poor Cleo gets bullied off the naughty boy ))
Xxx❤️❤️❤️
Thanks, Anita!
We do have a fireplace, but the chimney needs relining, so it’s not useable now. But the furnace is powerful, and the blankets are warm. We weren’t too housebound in this storm. It lasted a day, and we were able to get to the store on Monday. But roads were very icy, so we stayed close to home.
You may not get blizzards where you are, but I’ve seen video and pictures of some pretty bad weather in Yorkshire and the mountains. And both Bob and I grew up on the cold, rainy Northern California coast. I almost prefer snow to rain, because rain just soaks you, while snow can be brushed off before it melts too much. And cold rain is just miserable. So I hope you and all of us who have to deal with inclement winter weather will stay warm and dry with our feline friends.

Anita Eccleston

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Thanks, Anita!
We do have a fireplace, but the chimney needs relining, so it’s not useable now. But the furnace is powerful, and the blankets are warm. We weren’t too housebound in this storm. It lasted a day, and we were able to get to the store on Monday. But roads were very icy, so we stayed close to home.
You may not get blizzards where you are, but I’ve seen video and pictures of some pretty bad weather in Yorkshire and the mountains. And both Bob and I grew up on the cold, rainy Northern California coast. I almost prefer snow to rain, because rain just soaks you, while snow can be brushed off before it melts too much. And cold rain is just miserable. So I hope you and all of us who have to deal with inclement winter weather will stay warm and dry with our feline friends.
Hi there ! Well I prefer winter cause you can add layer after layer ! Then be snug as a bug in a rug in doors (( quietly thanking god your home and warm but knowing somebody is in it ah ha naughty naughty Anita ))
With summer you can’t really walk around in knickers and bra scare the postman and milkman half to death and on my case poor guys would have PTSD ah ah scared for life eeeeeeeer
Keep warm love xxx❤️❤️❤️