Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Baby Kittens have a rush.

My cat Aurora had her three healthy baby boys almost six weeks ago. Their mom was on a raw daet- chicken, pork, sardines, and eggs ( the breeder's recipe ). I started noticing a slight rash on the kittens' skin when they were about for weeks old. I thought maybe they don't agree with pork or chicken, so i made her food with turkey and organic beef. They still displayed some rash, but not as much. About a week ago i started to wean them with wet food first and then dry food. The food i've been giving them was Nutro, the same as all my cats eat. They all seems to like it. At first their poop was soft, but after i introduced dry food, the poop become solid. I decided to put mom on the same dry food with them. About two or three days later they started their weaning, i noticed the rush on their heads and bodies again. Two boys have rush, but the third one who's skin type is different ( leathery, completely hairless, like his dad ), doesn't have it. I consulted with the vet, and she suggested to go with Royal Canin baby cat food. Mom and the babies are eating this food now, but two boys still have rash. The vet said that they are still too young to develop food allergy. What else could have caused their rash? Did anyone had the same issue? Any advises will be greatly appreciated. I don't want to play with the food too much not to upset they tummies.

Last edited:

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Irine checking in for updates
(((Positive vibes sent ))
Head smooches

The Royal canin baby cat has been popular

Is mum licking their heads ?

Sheldon13

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Do you have any pictures?