Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Baby teeth

Angelicar2000

Lairian
When Lexi has gotten spayed, the vet notice her baby teeth hasnt falling out. Her adult teeth is right next to it. Her top fangs. The vet said he has to keep an eye on it. Few days after her surgery, she stop eatting the dry food but yet she was eating the wet food which I only give them as a treat. Her baby teeth is Yellow. I'm thinking her gums hurt. I wanna avoid going to the vet and getting her baby teeth remove. Which is gonna cost money. I just gave her raw chicken neck. I washed it and just gave it to her. I'm all new to this. It was something I heard on the broad. Any other suggestions. She's acting fine though.

Catzzzmeow

Staff member
Both of our girls had their adult teeth grow in by baby teeth and gums were red and then all of a sudden the baby teeth fell out. Just keep a close eye.

Angelicar2000

Lairian
i gave Lexi the raw chicken neck and the last tooth fell out. Yeah!!! It does work. $.88 vs a visit to the vet. Lol. I still have to take her to the vet to recheck her white blood count. Can it be why her blood count was low because she was teething? I'm keeping positive

Last edited:

Hairless Blessing

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
That's a good update. I hope you get good news about
the blood work. Let us know.

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Happy to hear the baby teeth fell out by themselves. I don't know if the blood count could be low because of the teething. But I do hope so!!