Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Back in the lair... a conclusion to Vesper's story

Some of you may remember giving well wishes to a sphynx mama when kitten Vesper died unexpectedly this summer... thanks again for those kind messages they helped a little in that hard time.

I was a long time lurker before getting Vesper and started speaking up as soon as he came home. Since he died I left and haven't been on much but here I am to give a lil update.

My breeder offered to replace him, she is a saint and cares so much for the wellbeing of her kitties. My bf and I visited her shortly after and she said there was a newborn litter so we chose Aether - little blue and white boy. While we were there though, this orange kitten would not leave my bf alone, and there was something about him... you can see where this is going!

So we bought Ortus.
He's not pure sphynx but close! The little bit of devon rex in him gives him a striped tail, furry ears and nose. Our little fire lion. His name means sunrise in latin, (Vespertilio meant bat, or evening in latin).

We have had him since late August and just picked up Aether 2 week ago now that he's old enough to come home. They were bathing each other and sleeping together in 3 days! We even introduced in seperate rooms and expected it to take weeks.

So here they are, meet Ortus and Aether (named after Aristotle's fifth element for space)

We will never forget Vesper. They are all so different but I can't imagine not having these 2 boys in my life now they are here. <3

Attachments

Last edited:

Zab

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Oh, that is so cool! Nice to hear a happy ending. They do look like pure sphynxes to me and I love the red one. I've always had a thing for the red cat. It is really awesome how fast they found each other. Never heard of anyone that's made it in a couple of days! I'm about to bring a third rascal to my house in a couple of weeks and expecting it to take at least 2-3 weeks for them to bond. Keep us posted!

Oh, that is so cool! Nice to hear a happy ending. They do look like pure sphynxes to me and I love the red one. I've always had a thing for the red cat. It is really awesome how fast they found each other. Never heard of anyone that's made it in a couple of days!
Thanks! Aether is pure sphynx just Ortus has the outcross in him :)
I think what helped, we have these big wooden sliding bay doors in our house and we opened the doors a crack so they could just see each other and play through the crack but not enough to push through. Who knows? Maybe just lucky

Catzzzmeow

Staff member
Congratulations! How wonderful you opened up your heart again and thanks for sharing your story with us. They are both beautiful. Now that you’re back, I hope you remain active in the community.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Lisa Bradley (((hugs ))) Happy Ortus and Aether Gotchas!
Just Sooo adorable ! Look forward to lots of pics and tales !
I truly believe our angel babies send us the ones to love like they knew in this world .
Thank you for sharing your heartfelt story . Bless you

Head smooches sent !
Hope you are active with us with your adorables!

Beautiful boys! Ortus reminds me of my Franklin only fuzzy :) very happy for you being able to adopt again

Toa and Ross

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Yes! Very happy to read this. Congratulations with this two beautiful cuties. Makes me happy to hear and see you have two new (almost) naked loves in your live

Lynn W

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Lisa, I'm so very happy that you have new babies now. They are adorable! :love:

Anita Eccleston

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Some of you may remember giving well wishes to a sphynx mama when kitten Vesper died unexpectedly this summer... thanks again for those kind messages they helped a little in that hard time.

I was a long time lurker before getting Vesper and started speaking up as soon as he came home. Since he died I left and haven't been on much but here I am to give a lil update.

My breeder offered to replace him, she is a saint and cares so much for the wellbeing of her kitties. My bf and I visited her shortly after and she said there was a newborn litter so we chose Aether - little blue and white boy. While we were there though, this orange kitten would not leave my bf alone, and there was something about him... you can see where this is going!

So we bought Ortus.
He's not pure sphynx but close! The little bit of devon rex in him gives him a striped tail, furry ears and nose. Our little fire lion. His name means sunrise in latin, (Vespertilio meant bat, or evening in latin).

We have had him since late August and just picked up Aether 2 week ago now that he's old enough to come home. They were bathing each other and sleeping together in 3 days! We even introduced in seperate rooms and expected it to take weeks.

So here they are, meet Ortus and Aether (named after Aristotle's fifth element for space)

We will never forget Vesper. They are all so different but I can't imagine not having these 2 boys in my life now they are here. <3
Hello . Oh I am so very happy you have these two little bungles of joy in your life they look so close already ! Which is a blessing and saves you some hard work lol
I love the names you have chosen , cannot wait for picture updates as they continue to grow and bond
Xxx❤️❤️❤️