Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Back to Work

tuffysmommy

Lairian
Anyone else worried about going back to work and having a Sphynx and two furry domestic ones home alone for five extra hours a day? It’s not going to be as bad because I go to the basement where they can’t go for 8 hours but my husband has been upstairs with them. And then there is my feral who has me in the basement for 8 hours and I am taming him with treats. We have only been out of the house for a few hours in over 100 days. Any ideas on what to do?

Catzzzmeow

Staff member
You can leave a radio on for noise for the first week or so ...also to reassure yourselves, video cams are great and very inexpensive these days. We have them to look in when we are out. You’ll see they sleep, groom, sun and repeat for most of the day. It’s probably going to harder on you than them. Stay well. @tuffysmommy

nobadhairdays

Lairian
Anyone else worried about going back to work and having a Sphynx and two furry domestic ones home alone for five extra hours a day? It’s not going to be as bad because I go to the basement where they can’t go for 8 hours but my husband has been upstairs with them. And then there is my feral who has me in the basement for 8 hours and I am taming him with treats. We have only been out of the house for a few hours in over 100 days. Any ideas on what to do?
I read an article a few weeks ago about helping pets with our transition back to work. The article suggested that if you’re concerned about leaving your pets alone, you should try to leave them alone at the house for an hour or so each day (or at least a few times a week) as a “trial” to get them used to you being gone. I would also agree with getting some cameras so you can peek in on them while you’re out and make sure there aren’t any issues during the trial before you go back full time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pixel

Lairian
Great idea. I for sure have some anxiety about leaving Pixel home alone for 10+ hours a day (and also for Malbec whom I’m sure he’ll take it out on). He’s became even more of a mama boy with me being home working and already cries when I’m not here and it’s just my boyfriend. I might look into the cameras as that would be helpful. We also did just buy automatic feeders so I can set out small amounts of food multiple times a day as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tuffysmommy

Lairian
Of course now we have cameras everywhere courtesy of online retail, it looks like until they do major construction in my real office I’m going to be a permanent resident of my work at home basement .... talk about worrying ahead of time.

Sheldon13

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Of course now we have cameras everywhere courtesy of online retail, it looks like until they do major construction in my real office I’m going to be a permanent resident of my work at home basement .... talk about worrying ahead of time.
Let me guess, they are redesigning with social distancing in mind?

Love and Sphynx ~ It’s all you need

tuffysmommy

Lairian
Absolutely. My office is not the worst of it. We have cubicles. My husband’s building has open seating. My lawyer friend had a desk in a shared space rental. They tossed them all out and there are now closed offices with vents to the outside for everyone except the receptionist who is in a plexiglass bubble. It’s like living science fiction...,

Sheldon13

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Absolutely. My office is not the worst of it. We have cubicles. My husband’s building has open seating. My lawyer friend had a desk in a shared space rental. They tossed them all out and there are now closed offices with vents to the outside for everyone except the receptionist who is in a plexiglass bubble. It’s like living science fiction...,
Crazy. Yeah my office is doing the same. We won’t be going back in until September because they need time to do all the remodeling. I wonder how much that will cost.

Love and Sphynx ~ It’s all you need

Catzzzmeow

Staff member
Glad you get some extra time at home. I know my home office has slowly brought back volunteers to the office buildings...only 20% is allowed to be back at a time. They are learning how to arrange a safer environment for all this way. I know I would be the one wanting to stay home with my hairless wonders rather than be in an office any day lol.