Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Back with a Vengeance

Alizondaz

Lairian
Those who saw my previous post on Stevie are aware of the situation. For a short synopsis when we received Stevie from our breeder she had apparently gotten in to "poison oak". She was treated with two rounds of antibiotics and it cleared up. About a week after completing the antibiotics it can back with VENGEANCE it has spread further and she's constantly licking it. So we brought her back to the Vet out of concern and recommendation from someone here on the forum. We were recommended a skin scrapping and when we brought it to our Vet she highly suggested a biopsy over the scrapping. For it would cover all bases and allow us to get the fullest understanding. Stevie is currently getting her biopsy as I type this up so I won't have an update for a week or so. I would like to know if this was the best decision to make or if there is something we are possibly missing. In the attached picture you can see by her sweater how far it's spread in comparison to last time. So any recommendations or any advice? Thank you.

Attachments

• 20220912_154141.jpg
    20220912_154141.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 23

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Alizondaz , I truly believe you made the right decision to have skin checked. glad you got to the vet for follow up and scraping to help get answers, relief for what is going on.

all paws crossed for the biopsy.. did vet rule out urticaria pigmentosa , we have seen some kitties with it.

hugs n positive vibes to baby Stevie. we are here for you.

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Definitly did the right thing to get an biopsy. It looks a lot like uticaria pigmentosa. If it so, the biopsy will give the answer

Back