Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Bad News for Kilo…

sphynkles

Lairian
hello hello! It seems I’m only active here when there’s trouble… how unfortunate :(
Poor Kilo went to the vet today for a check up and vaccines and unfortunately something else was uncovered during the check up! Poor kitty has a 4/6 severely heart murmur, which is very uncommon for cats his age! (He is 4) He will need some tests done to fully determine the severity and what action to be taken next. Has anyone else had kitties with this problem? Kilo is extremely dear to us and a very important member of our family and an extreme comfort for everyone and has been with us through thick and thin. We will do whatever we can to help him but I don’t know what this process may be like and if it will potentially effect his lifespan, which is very stressful for our whole family! We hope he can be treated and put back to normal Health with medicine and not have to do anything major!

Sheldon13

Staff member
Have they given any hint as to what they think the underlying illness is? Have they scheduled lab work and an ECHO?

Love and Sphynx ~ It’s all you need

Condo commando

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Get the echo before you make yourself crazy with worry. Not to minimize it but you don't mention labored breathing or being in distress. It sounds like you found out pretty early which is good. The one thing for sure is you will need to monitor him; I would imagine your vet will suggest maybe a yearly echo.....but let's think positive.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@sphynkles (((hugs))) and a lair family of positive vibes baby Kilo. I did learn when my vet told me my boy had a murmur during an exam, it is their "subjective" opinion to the grade. let us know what the scan results.. all paws crossed. hugs and head smooches.

Back