Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Bart love of my life passed away. SUDDENLY.... help

Taylor2tone

Lairian
My 4 year old sphynx passed suddenly, they think it was heart related.
. Have a lot of you been through this, no signs of being unhealthy. He was eating, drinking, and loving right before we found him. It's been really hard to not feel guilty but he was a happy guy until the end. He will forever be the love of my cat life

The other hard part is...
our other sphynx is having a very hard time being alone. Should we get another sphynx soon? If so does anyone know any reliable breeders. I'd love to adopt but have had trouble in the past finding one. I also think it might be easier for our cat now to get used to a kitten.

Thanks in advance,
never realized how hard this is
Taylor

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
So sorry your angel got their wings...fly high little one. I know how hard it is during this time. Hugs are sent.
Unfortunately we are seeing this more often these days due to heart issues. They seem perfectly healthy to us. Getting heart scans is really the only way to truly see if there are heart issues like HCM going on. Where do you live so members might have a recommendation to PM you?

Sheldon13

Staff member
What a terrible surprise. I’m sorry you lost your baby so suddenly. But you are right, he was happy until the end.

I know of a good breeder in CO. I will PM you.

Love and Sphynx ~ It’s all you need

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Taylor2tone , oh sweetie ((squeeze hugs)))) so very very sorry your sweet baby Bart got his angel wings.. He only knew your love. I am sure my Yoda (passed suddenly too heart related) has met your baby at the bridge with the others sharing stories of all the love known in this world. extra smooches to your other nakid, surely misses the companionship. hold the preciousest of memories closest to heart. so very sorry, they truly are family♥

Attachments

• a bridge called love.jpg
    a bridge called love.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 68

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Taylor2tone , I truly believe our bridge nakids send us the one to love like they knew in this world. there is no time frame to wait to open your hearts and home to sphynx love. follow your heart . I did within a few weeks and it helped my other baby to heal too. @Sheldon13 bless you for chiming in.
hugs n head smooches

Condo commando

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
So sorry to read this. It's very hard but if it's any consolation time does help.

My opinion FWIW....kittens are usually easy for adult cats to accept; it's like the adult knows it's a young one that doesn't know any better so however silly they get it's nothing a paw smack can't fix. But if you are talking about an elderly cat that mostly sleeps or something like that, then a kitten would be too much. Basically, their energy level has to be in the same ballpark.

JessicaRosexo

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I just lost my baby to heart failure last night and he had episodes of his lungs filling up and suffered in those he passed away peacefully(ish) at home with me by his side but a couple of hours before he was still eating and drinking ect I just feel the heart gets the better of the poor babies and they know when their time comes.
My heart goes out to you it's so hard and alot of people on here are brilliant and so supportive though these times l it helps to sometimes talk it through!
Lots of love sent to you xxx

Zab

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
So sorry for your loss! I've been there with my heart kitty, Ossi. He also passed at age 4. It happened in matter of hours. I just made it to the vets office. I knew he had HCM. Gotta say, he lived life to the fullest, up to the last hours. It was so fast and left me devastated. I also had another one who was left alone. We just had to get her a new friend since my hubby and me worked daily.
One thing I learned was to be a pain in the butt with the new breeder and ask/grill her about health questions about the litter. Made her show me paperwork for scans and vaccinations. That's about all you can do. Sadly there are a lot of not so good breeders out there.

Tuck all your memories of Bart in that good part of your heart and keep them close. Remember with love and be so happy you got to have him in your life! Hugs!

Back