Welcome to the Sphynxlair community! A community dedicated to the Sphynx breed!

Bath haters

kalliee129

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
This is for all of us who have babies who hate taking baths. Although many of us come out wet or bloody or both look on the one bright side. When your in a hurry and you jump in your shower or you need to relax and soak in the tub...no little friends will join you :ThumbsUp:

What is the bonus of this...no wet cat to dry afterwards. Can you tell I'm reaching for a reason it's a good thing Meecho fights me on her baths :Laugh:

ElGatoLoco

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Oh lord, you are reaching. Here's a reason I just thunk of. Upon leaving the tub and drying off the cat, I can immediately go check my blood sugar from the many open wounds left on my back and shoulders. I don't have to prick my finger.

Wait, I don't have diabetes.

HAHA! Kalliee, That just put a really funny image in my head...I can't imagine leaning back for a nice, relaxing bubble bath, flickering candles, glass of wine in my hand, and Walter splashing around in the tub with me...that's just not right!! Thanks for putting it into perspective! :Wink:

This brings up something I've been wondering about. I hear people mentioning cleaning their cat's nail beds. I've looked at Walter's nail beds and I don't see what it is I'm supposed to be cleaning. There's no wax or dirt there that I can see...can someone enlighten me? His nails grow like weeds, I have to cut them every 3 or 4 days. Thank God he likes it, and lets me keep them nice and short. Maybe that's why the nail beds don't get dirty??

Oh lord, you are reaching. Here's a reason I just thunk of. Upon leaving the tub and drying off the cat, I can immediately go check my blood sugar from the many open wounds left on my back and shoulders. I don't have to prick my finger.

Wait, I don't have diabetes.
LOL!! I'm working on an ad campaign right now for a blood glucose company. ElGato, thanks for the idea!! I wonder if they'll go for it...

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
#1 Kallie129 that was very funny so if you are looking for someone to tell you it is ok the skip this weeks bath you got it:ThumbsUp: #2 Brooke I will try to explain and make sense at the same time take Walters paw and push so his nail extends like your going to clip the nail and behind the nail like where the finger kind of starts there is an extra flap of skin that goes all the way around the nail, it can be pushed back and under there is where all that yuk is! Sometimes I wait for something alive to pop out! It is kind of grose but it can peel in one big piece or wipe with A wipe, my goal is always the one big piece? It gives me some kind of satisfaction. :Laugh:

kalliee129

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
El Gato why have I been pricking myself this whole time?!?!? I never thought she was helping me out that way :BigSmile:

I've seen the videos about cleaning their nails, but I think that is the only part of her that stays clean...mostly by racking them on me :Dizzy:

ilovemysphynx I need to give you an award for cleaning that. I really think that may make me reach that high tail it and run to the groomer as fast as possible mode, and I'm pretty sure I can't afford that right now :Smile:

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I guess I am lucky.
Cleo likes baths.
Her nails get real oily though.
Her ears get very oily also.
You shoud see how long it takes me to get her ready for a cat show.