Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Maddie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Well, Astrid's first real bath went well. She only escaped the tub once! I used the blue dawn dish soap in the water and Vétoquinol care for sensitive skin shampoo on her. It left her with the slight coconut smell, nothing over powering thankfully! It rinsed off easily too. She only allowed for the bath and ear cleaning tonight, so nail cutting and feet cleaning will be tomorrow :). Here's a picture of Astrid as a kitty-taco for ear cleaning, along with her death glare.... she would like the use of her arms so she can claw up to my shoulder.
IMG_0925.JPG

MaoSphynx

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Last time I bathed Mao,he wasn't happy about it at all.Kept meowinng,and at the end he tried scratching me

MaoSphynx

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I try
But I give him him 2-3 wipedowns every day after he goes to the bathroom.He meows,but I meow back and clean the area under his tail.Cleaning his litter up is no fun either,I have to cover my nose because it STINKS

Maddie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@MaoSphynx have you tried Natures Miracle litter box order destroyer (it's a spray) and
ARM & HAMMER™ Double Duty Cat Litter Deodorizer (a powder)? They could help

Maddie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@MaoSphynx I use the tropical debated spray and the arm and hammer stuff. I get the arm and hammer at Walmart and the spray is from the pet store. They help a lot. Doesn't get rid of it completely but they sure help

Silke

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@MaoSphynx Pixie used to stink really bad, too. The moment I changed her food -- no more stink. So you might want to see if that's the cause.
I use wood pellet litter now, very economical -- but I wouldn't recommend it for a stinky kitty, as they tend not to bury things.
Or do you mean a urine smell?
If it's the latter, give the wood pellets a try. Because they break down to sawdust (not dusty) and it doesn't stink. Smells woodsy instead. But it's a lot more labor intensive.

Maddie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@Silke pretty much! She didn't cuddle that night XD went and slept at my feet. Normally she sleeps against my chest/stomach.

Maddie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@Silke lol she was fine in the morning thankfully, then of course wanted lots of cuddles in the morning to make up for the ones she missed!

lealea

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
She is so sweet! Even with the death stare! Great that it went well. The feet usually are better than Ears for Rosie. She has a little cry with both, but I'm super speedy now, so she doesn't have much time to think about it before it's done. She usually forgets she has four feet though and gets a wriggling after the first three! The towel cocoon helps to secure her while I do her feet, too, so you might find it useful.

Maddie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Well finally was able to cut Astrid's nails! Had to buy new nail clippers, the first ones I bought just crushed her nails, so I only did two. New ones work great!
Was able to cut them with little protest: not that she really had the opportunity to haha. She was in another blanket-taco where one arm/paw was out at a time. I kneeled on the floor and kept her body between my knees/thighs, so she couldn't worm around.

Xandria

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Awww, Astrid's a sweetie. Glad it went well. It'll get easier every time. hugs. You're doing awesome.

Maddie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Well she is getting better with the bath since I've added bubbles lol she at least stays in the tub now. Still meows at me when I suds her up though, but that is manageable, and pretty cute
IMG_1877.JPG
IMG_1878.JPG

Theedaysleeper

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
She looks like she wants to hate the bubble bath but once the bubbles work their soothing magic, it's oh so hard to fight.