Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Bath Question....

Marnasobsession

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Have them sleep under the covers with WHITE sheets. LOL That was the only color they had and I was tired and wanted to go home at the time. Next time it is grey or brown sheets I swear!

Rustshark

Lairian
I felt compeled to share what we use to bathe our Sphynx's that works like "Magic!"
(I also struggled with which forum to post this in, so please accept my appologies if this is posted incorrectly.)

We have a white female who just NEVER was quite 'clean" she always seemed to have a brownish' "grunge" to her, esspecially on her bellie. Adding to the difficulty of getting her clean was her allergies and sensitivity to perfumes. (she breaks out into pink splotches) The little bit of hair on our other female tends to be a bit "course" and she tends to run on the oily side. I tried countless baby wash products Hypo-allergentic, Aveno etc. Problem was they just couldn't tackle the "grundge".

One day, I picked up a bottle of Dr. Bronner's Magic Soap took it home and was absolutly AMAZED at how well it worked! All the brown grudge GONE! One quick rub down and a rinse, ta-da! and more importantly, No rashy blotches.

I use the Baby-mild and it works WONDERS!! Best of all it is ALL organic, and it HAS Coconut oil & olive oil already IN IT!

Plus the added bonus, that I suffer with Psoriasis ( a common skin condition that causes skin redness and irritation) and noticed after using this soap on the cats that my Psoriasis is all but gone.

I do want to throw out, that the use of products such as dishwashing detergents really surprised me.

hfwebb

Lairian
Mine are not so hard on the clothes but I will only buy white sheets and duvets so I can bleach them. I always wash the cats and the bedding at the same time every Sunday night.

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
I have 2 spots in the house that are always dirty with the big brown sphynx spot:Hysterical: 1 is our bed and the other on the counter in the upstairs bathroom, I wipe that spot 2 times a days and as soon as I clean it its back.
As far as cloths there have been times when I have woke up with the imprint of A sphynx on my pj's.

Back