Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Bath Question....

TanyaT

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I have seen this question asked before but I cant seem to find it. What do you use with the baby shampoo to get all the dirt off? I think I remember someone saying coconut oil... Is this correct? Did I answer my own question :Wink:

TanyaT

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I use the baby shampoo too but it doesn't seem to get all of his dirt off:ThumbsDown: Such a dirty boy :Cool:

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Yea I use Coconut Oil also.
It works pretty well.
I also use Burts Bees Lotion before I wash Wrinkles because she has so much white on her.

Maggies mommy

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I use j&j but it doesn't get the brown off very good but dawn works great!!! I use coconut oil before a bath if Maggie is REALLY dirty & it's makes my job easier! Hehe ;)

2sphynxgirl

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I use baby wash and scrubby bath gloves, it does pretty well. I am interested in the coconut oil...where do you get it? Grocery store, beauty supply??

TanyaT

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
So I went to walmart and bought the coconut oil but I am not sure it is the right stuff... is it kind of solid stuff?:Surprise:

Sam lewis

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I have never tried cocnut oil. Ive never seen it and always wandered where I can get it. Is it the same stuff used for cooking?

tulababy2010

Lairian
HOOOOOOLY MOLY... I'M STOKED I WAS INTRODUCED TO THIS FORUM... I USE BABY SHAMPOO TOO... BUT I'M GUNNA TRY THIS COCONUT OIL STUFF I'M INTERESTED!!!

susi794

Staff member
You can get it at WalMart or I'm sure other places--in the vitamin section. It's solid, but you don't have to warm it up--it's easier to apply when it's kinda solid--it starts to melt in your hand and gets very easy to move around when it touches their skin. It leaves mine a little too greasy, so I follow up with a dawn or baby wash bath--we rub the coconut oil on, rub it around really well to loosen the dirt, then we wash it off. Dirt comes right off. Five minutes later we're dirty again....LOL Makes me feel like such a slob--like a I must have a filthy house. But if there's a fleck of dirt anywhere they will find it and roll around in it.

Brooke

Banned
Since we're on the subject of filthy, greasy cats... I have a slightly embarrassing question/confession and I'm wondering if it's just me...

I have a collection of t-shirts and tank tops that I can only wear around the house and to sleep in because the cats sleep on top of me at night and my clothes have got permanent grease stains from the cats on them. :LOL:

Am I all alone here?? :Whistle:

2sphynxgirl

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Since we're on the subject of filthy, greasy cats... I have a slightly embarrassing question/confession and I'm wondering if it's just me...

I have a collection of t-shirts and tank tops that I can only wear around the house and to sleep in because the cats sleep on top of me at night and my clothes have got permanent grease stains from the cats on them. :LOL:

My boys I have now don't do that, but Senor Buster DelGato (died last spring) would leave greasy "make up" stains on my tshirts! For some reason it always looked liked he had been wearing foundation....

georgehairlesson

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian

I never wear nice shirts when holding George for the same reason. He gets them REALLY DIRTY. I bought Sun stain remover and I put two scoops in every load and ALL the stains come out.

2sphynxgirl

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I haven't tried it specifically for sphynx spots, but I recently started using powedered Oxy Clean in every load & I feel like I should be doing the commercials now because it is so awesome and I've told everyone I know...might be worh a shot!!:ThumbsUp:

Back