Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Bath Time

Maximus

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Just wondering what everyone else's cats smell like when they need a bath or when they are sweaty? Scrotie smells like mushrooms lmao:Hysterical:

English Dave

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
ROFL! Ra just used to smell dirty although as he now gets in the tub or shower with me its not much of an issue.

heather

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Just wondering what everyone else's cats smell like when they need a bath or when they are sweaty? Scrotie smells like mushrooms lmao:Hysterical:

OMG- I was trying to place the smell- I started thinking what kind of cheese it might be. Last night I had stuffed mushrooms and I finally placed the smell. :LOL::LOL::LOL: It's definitely mushrooms. :LOL::LOL::LOL: Stuffed mushrooms reminded me of Sophie.

heather

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
ROFL! Ra just used to smell dirty although as he now gets in the tub or shower with me its not much of an issue.

You're so lucky! Sophie hates baths still. She's ok when I'm rubbing her back and cries when I clean her belly.

English Dave

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
You're so lucky! Sophie hates baths still. She's ok when I'm rubbing her back and cries when I clean her belly.

Have you tried actually putting her in the bath tub with you?

I started by shutting the bathroom door so he couldn't see his escape route then drawing the shower curtain and just plonking him in by my feet and leaving him to explore if that makes sense... now he absolutely loves the tub and will batt his little rubber duck around for ages LOL! :Cool:

heather

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian

I started by shutting the bathroom door so he couldn't see his escape route then drawing the shower curtain and just plonking him in by my feet and leaving him to explore if that makes sense... now he absolutely loves the tub and will batt his little rubber duck around for ages LOL! :Cool:

I haven't! I will give it a try. I want her to like the bath so badly. She will watch me play with bath toys but then remembers how badly she wants to get out and start her escape attempts again. So maybe I can still convince her to like it. Thanks for the tip!

English Dave

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
:Hysterical: Does Ra have claws??????:Surprise:

Yep but honestly when I put him in the tub and its not his choice, he will just sit there for a minute or two and get used to the temperature and then just play, he really doesn't go mental and turn into a ninja at all.

donotwant.jpg

kiennasmom

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
OMG- I was trying to place the smell- I started thinking what kind of cheese it might be. Last night I had stuffed mushrooms and I finally placed the smell. :LOL::LOL::LOL: It's definitely mushrooms. :LOL::LOL::LOL: Stuffed mushrooms reminded me of Sophie.

I always thought cheese, too. I don't like mushrooms so I don't know what they smell like. Next time I'm at the store, I'm gonna try to inconspicuously sniff the mushrooms. Note to self: If caught, do not explain, "Yup, smells like dirty hairless cat" :LOL::LOL:

abbyknitter

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian

Did having a toy help him like the bath better? Abby hates baths...I've tried so many things...I have tried getting in there with her, I have tried bringing her in the shower with me....(She used my shoulder and boobs as a pin cushion :ThumbsDown:). Maybe I should get her a toy to play with in the tub?

Annabanana

Lairian

This is EXACTLY IT! Some kind of fungus and some kind of stinky cheese. I was trying to figure out why Peach smelled... not so Peachy. When I took her new sweater off, there was dirt all over it. I was like OHHH she needs a bath! :Hysterical: Now she smells like baby shampoo <3

Annabanana

Lairian

I require video ;)

English Dave

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Did having a toy help him like the bath better? Abby hates baths...I've tried so many things...I have tried getting in there with her, I have tried bringing her in the shower with me....(She used my shoulder and boobs as a pin cushion :ThumbsDown:). Maybe I should get her a toy to play with in the tub?

The toy deffinitely helped, try filling the tub up really high and just dropping some toys in it and see if Abby will play with them sat on the side of the tub, if that works then lower the water get in and see if she will sit on you and play.

If I try and bathe Ra in the sink he runs away... so it seems likely the tub and toys help a ton.

susi794

Staff member
Yep but honestly when I put him in the tub and its not his choice, he will just sit there for a minute or two and get used to the temperature and then just play, he really doesn't go mental and turn into a ninja at all.

donotwant.jpg

Dave--you're OK, man! ROFLMAO!:LOL:

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Great picture!!!! LoL :LOL:

donotwant.jpg

Back