Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Bath Time...

lovinsphynx

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
So tonight was bath night for my hairless kitties and for some reason Rayray was very agitated with the bathing process. He is never like that and after wards when i went to put on his sweater he bit me and it wasn't a nice bite by all means, he meant it and now he won't come near me i don't know whats gotten into him. :Surprise:

susi794

Staff member
So tonight was bath night for my hairless kitties and for some reason Rayray was very agitated with the bathing process. He is never like that and after wards when i went to put on his sweater he bit me and it wasn't a nice bite by all means, he meant it and now he won't come near me i don't know whats gotten into him. :Surprise:
Maybe he's just in a bad mood. I think they get them sometimes too. He'll probably be over it by the morning.

havingalook

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Was he in pain? Was the water hotter/ colder than normal? Did you use a different shampoo?

Just trying to think of possible reasons. Not very helpful sorry. I hope he's in a better mood in the morning and doesn't react so badly next time.

lovinsphynx

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
i used the same shampoo which is baby shampoo and it wasn't any colder or hotter than any other time but let me tell you he was madder than a hornet when we were finished maybe he just wasn't in the bathing mood lol i hope he forgives me or i'm in trouble because it took this long for him to actually like me he usually is my husband's cat but since my hubby has been working more he has taken to me. I guess we just took two steps in reverse as far as the relationship goes... :Laugh:

kalliee129

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
i used the same shampoo which is baby shampoo and it wasn't any colder or hotter than any other time but let me tell you he was madder than a hornet when we were finished maybe he just wasn't in the bathing mood lol i hope he forgives me or i'm in trouble because it took this long for him to actually like me he usually is my husband's cat but since my hubby has been working more he has taken to me. I guess we just took two steps in reverse as far as the relationship goes... :Laugh:

:LOL: boys!! And they say girls are the ornery ones :Laugh: When Meecho gets mad at me it only lasts two seconds. When my boy cat Midnight would get mad at me, he wouldn't even look at me for a atleast a week. Once I made him so mad because I woke him up to play because I couldn't sleep. I swear for a week he would turn his head when I came into view and for almost a month he slept on the floor because he didn't want to be near me:LOL:

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
:LOL: boys!! And they say girls are the ornery ones :Laugh: When Meecho gets mad at me it only lasts two seconds. When my boy cat Midnight would get mad at me, he wouldn't even look at me for a atleast a week. Once I made him so mad because I woke him up to play because I couldn't sleep. I swear for a week he would turn his head when I came into view and for almost a month he slept on the floor because he didn't want to be near me:LOL:

Gosh, Kallie, you know, I think that may be true! I think the boy kitties hold grudges a lot longer than the girls. I don't think Piglet has ever been mad at me and the few times Sydney has, she'll ignore me for a few minutes but then be done with it and go back to being all lovey-dovey. Reno on the other hand, holds a grudge and will often do something really ornery to get back at me or whoever else he's mad at. For example, one time he got mad at my BF, so while my BF was asleep one night, he peed in his duffle bag full of clothes! Fortunately, my BF has a soft spot for Reno, so he just laughed about it. :LOL:

harley

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
:Surprise:I must agree cause my three boys tend to hold gruges way more than the two girls...

abbyknitter

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Gosh, Kallie, you know, I think that may be true! I think the boy kitties hold grudges a lot longer than the girls. I don't think Piglet has ever been mad at me and the few times Sydney has, she'll ignore me for a few minutes but then be done with it and go back to being all lovey-dovey. Reno on the other hand, holds a grudge and will often do something really ornery to get back at me or whoever else he's mad at. For example, one time he got mad at my BF, so while my BF was asleep one night, he peed in his duffle bag full of clothes! Fortunately, my BF has a soft spot for Reno, so he just laughed about it. :LOL:

Abby does the same thing:Smile:

kalliee129

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian

:LOL: Thats funny. My mom would call Midnight evil because if she didn't give him his daily snack of dried squid he would do evil things to her only. Like pooping in the litter box and then kicking it out and rolling it around so there were small pieces all over the room. My personal favorite and I have no idea how he did it, but he would manage to put a big pile of kitty litter on the very top step of the basement so you couldn't see it until you stepped in it. The weird part is the litter box was down about 14 stairs and all the way across the room, yet there were no litter tracks:Dizzy:

wright878

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I had a male who positively hated my husband. We had no idea why, my hubby likes cats, but George would throw up on my husband's side of the bed and we had to throw away some very expensive cowboy boots because George had peed on them several times before we noticed. Our female absolutely loves my hubby, he can hardly come in the house without her launching herself at him.

PitRottMommy

Banned
:Surprise:I must agree cause my three boys tend to hold gruges way more than the two girls...

Mine don't! My girl is the one who holds grudges.

I can punish Baldwin or Buck and two minutes later they walk back into the room, crawl back up on the couch and proceed to demand lovin's.

My female will stay hidden for hours.

Back