Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Bath time

Stevieraek

Lairian
So I’ve had my boy for 7 months now and he has ALWAYS hated his baths. I keep water at room temp, I use unscented baby soap and a damp wash cloth. He especially hates me cleaning his nails and nail beds, but they get so dirty behind the bed that I have to wrap him in a towel just to clean them. He doesn’t seem like he’s in pain or anything when I clean him but he just really hates it. Any suggestions to make it easier on him and me ?

admin

Administrator
Staff member
So I’ve had my boy for 7 months now and he has ALWAYS hated his baths. I keep water at room temp, I use unscented baby soap and a damp wash cloth. He especially hates me cleaning his nails and nail beds, but they get so dirty behind the bed that I have to wrap him in a towel just to clean them. He doesn’t seem like he’s in pain or anything when I clean him but he just really hates it. Any suggestions to make it easier on him and me ?
That's a tough one, sounds like you doing the best you can wrapping him up in a blanket, that's usually an effective technique, we call it the "burrito" :)

JSal

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
All you can do is wrap him and do it as quick as you can.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Stevieraek ((hugs))
I can relate
I have so day haters too

I actually noe do nails beds separate from bath day.

I discovered using fragrance free non alcohol equate Walmart makeup remover wipes to clean nail beds!
Omg - really gets the nail gunk out !
I put kitty on my lap - I can now do all four paws at once

I gently wipe the nail and Gemrly push around the nail bed skin flap area for any gunk -
The wipes get it right off and out - I have been doing this with my four with no skin issues .
It's really made nail cleaning so much easier

Just to share I found precision qTips (off brands are too sharp!)
Are great for closing that outer ear bottom flap thst hides gunk- just a gentle swirl

The Hylyt shampoo recommended to me by a member years ago is awesome -
(Soap free hypoallergenic , easy rinse ) used with exfoliating gloves speeds up spa day for my bath haters

I includ a pic of the equate wipes I use om the nail beds

Attachments

Last edited: