Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

baths

kiki3898

Lairian
Hi, how can u tell if ur kitty can go 2 wks on bath? its has been our 1st wk together and she doesnt feel oily...ty

JacksMom

Banned
I would say every kitty is different and requires different frequencies of bathing. If yours is not oily or dirty, then best to not wash, otherwise it will dry out the skin. You'll just need to learn your little ones body over time and you'll come to learn how often she requires bathing.

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I agree with Jacksmom. As time goes on you will know your kitty better. Since she has been with you a week, you could give her a bath and see what she looks and feels like after waitign 1 week. Next time you can wait 2 weeks and compare the results.

Fester

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
if one would like a more objective method, you could take a photo right after a bath, and compare...
my 5e is pink and lavender after a bath, but starts to look grey when he needs one.

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
My early boys were greasy enough after a week to leave smudges on window sills, heater covers, and on light colored laundry. The marks should wash out with regular detergent and warm water, but you could pretreat with a stain remover or add a scoop of a laundry booster to the load.