Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Batwing

nudieluvr

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
My little Batwing boy has had such a rough life. It makes me deeply sag to say that his health isn't the best right now. He has lost a lot of weight. We've tried a few things but he hasn't improved. We did some further testing today. I should get the results back on Monday. Please pray for my sweet boy. He's had a rough go off things and I just want his life to be as peaceful as possible.
IMG_20170203_162626053_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg

Toa and Ross

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
@nudieluvr so very sorry to read Batwing's health is not good. That poor boy has been through enough in his life. I so wish for him to be healthy and happy. Sending lots of healing vibes to Batwing and all paws crossed for the results on monday.

Thank you for taking care of him in such a good way. Big hug for you.

Btw Batwing is such a handsome boy!

Natasja

Jynxified

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Sending lots of ear scritches and sleepy cuddles as well as plenty of healing energy. He is so very sweet looking and I hope he gets well soon. lots of love from Saphira and family.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@nudieluvr , healing head smooches to handsome good boy Batwing
A lair full of prayers sent ((hugs)))

He certainly has the very best of love and care
Such a good boy

Please keep us updated often

Yoda mom

Staff member
@nudieluvr , a lair full of prayers sent for Batwing
How is the handsome gentleman doing today?
Positives vibes

Please keep us updated on his follow up tomorrow
((((Squeeeeze)))))

nudieluvr

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Thanks everyone for the love and support. I'm anxiously awaiting the blood work to come back. Hopefully it will be back by tomorrow. I hope it has some of the answers we've been looking for.

Xandria

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Lots of positive vibes from my household to yours. Batwing has gone through so much, indeed. HUGS.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@nudieluvr , checking in on you and Sweet Batwing
With lots of prayers amd positive vibes for his follow up today

((( hugs))) n head kisses

nudieluvr

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Hello all,
Just heard back from the vet today regarding Batwing's bloodwork. Nothing showed up that represented anything such as a thyroid issue. However, his protien levels were high. The vet is concerned about this.
This could be representative of IBD or something much more serious such as Intestinal cancer. :cry: Right now we have a few options that we are going to try. On Friday I'm going to bring him in to get a urine sample to test for protiens and an x-ray to check for inflammation. The vet also mentioned that we could try a hypo-allegenic diet (z/D). Please keep Batwing and our family in your thoughts.

Catzzzmeow

Staff member
Will remain positive and keep sending good vibes your way. Thanks for updating us.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@nudieluvr , ((hugs))) thinking of you n Batwing all day
Good news not thyroid disease
All paws crossed it is manageable IBD and not cancer
My girl does great for a year now eating Fromm Game Bird recipe for her IBD
I saw mentioned when my girl had issues
I have not fed the z/d but sure members can chime in

Keep positive .. Know we are sending lots of love and prayers for Batwing amd his follow up tests
Years ago my Omars tests were ll over the charts - they "thought" possible cancer
Well , some meds on board , change of diet , he gained his weight back from a sick 6 lbs to 11 lbs
and lived many years passed his rough times - enjoyed a long quality life - we never knew excactly what was going on after numerous tests- all paws crossed for Batwing for good news results on his follow ups

Please give that Sooo adorable Batwing lovin from me with lots of healing smooches
And ((hugs))) to your family

Will look for positive update

nudieluvr

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@nudieluvr , ((hugs))) thinking of you n Batwing all day
Good news not thyroid disease
All paws crossed it is manageable IBD and not cancer
My girl does great for a year now eating Fromm Game Bird recipe for her IBD
I saw mentioned when my girl had issues
I have not fed the z/d but sure members can chime in

Keep positive .. Know we are sending lots of love and prayers for Batwing amd his follow up tests
Years ago my Omars tests were ll over the charts - they "thought" possible cancer
Well , some meds on board , change of diet , he gained his weight back from a sick 6 lbs to 11 lbs
and lived many years passed his rough times - enjoyed a long quality life - we never knew excactly what was going on after numerous tests- all paws crossed for Batwing for good news results on his follow ups

Please give that Sooo adorable Batwing lovin from me with lots of healing smooches
And ((hugs))) to your family

Will look for positive update
The vet recommended Z/D because it's hydrolyzed in a different facility so no other contamination. Do you think Fromm fits the same criteria? She said that some other hypoallergenic foods may work.

Toa and Ross

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
All fingers and paws crossed it will turn out to be something treatable. Sending lots of haing vibes to Batwing and a big hug to you!

Natasja

Yoda mom

Staff member
@nudieluvr , last week I had a chat with my vet for my allergy prone Sam.
She said she visited a science diet factory
she told me they close the Factory for the weekend , sanitize all the equipment
amd start on Mondsy making food first with the special foods.

I tried Fromm fordt before ZD
Each kitty is different - best to make a choice based on your vets advice for Batwing.
You could also call Fromm for details -
Macie doesn't great om it - got the info from an IBD forum.

You could show your vet the ingredients of the Fromm amd see if it would be okay
Or just start with the ZD
Here is a link for Fromm
Dry

They have a rabbit formula too
It is very small tiny kibble but Macie liked the game bird better

nudieluvr

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Batwing went to the vet yesterday. He had two x-rays which didn't show anything one way or the other. He had to stay at the vet to have urine pulled. He must not have been happy with his acommadations because he apparently scooped out all of the litter from his litter box in his kennel and pushed it out of the kennel. o_O Silly boy. I just told my vet that I was very glad that he did not do that at home. The urinalysis results will be in Monday. They may tell us that he is losing protiens through his urine. That would explain the weight loss. It would also indicate a kidney issue. Poor boy:(