Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Be Careful!

l.a snuggs

Lairian
I almost got hoaxed into "adopting" two sphynx kittens!
I am really disgusted and sad by this. Please be careful.
DO NOT ADOPT FROM THIS PERSON...
[email protected]
I found them while searching for a sphynx.
I honestly wanted to do what was right and help kittens who were "in danger"
but I guess people just use an animal as a sick excuse to get money.
Needless to say, I refused to pay a single cent!

Brooke

Banned
Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately, there are a ton of people out there - especially on craigslist (not sure if that's where you found this person) - that try to take advantage of pet lovers with big hearts. :Angry:

l.a snuggs

Lairian
Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately, there are a ton of people out there - especially on craigslist (not sure if that's where you found this person) - that try to take advantage of pet lovers with big hearts. :Angry:

Actually I was searching on google and A link came up for pennysaver
Do you think I should add that link on to here so people can know?

susi794

Staff member
When I was looking for a sealpoint, I heard from somebody wanting me to adopt a cat--had the pic and wanted to just give him away if I would pay the shipping. Turned out to be a guy that used someone else's picture advertising a cat for stud. I was on Kijiji I think--so they are everywhere.

lemmysmommy

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I also almost fell into a trap like this. A man posted an ad only wanting a adoption fee. Come to find out, this man was in Camaroon!! I found out to always check and recheck my sources.

Marnasobsession

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Glad you were too smart for the ruse. There are ppl here who can give you some help finding someone reputable. Perhaps they can PM you with suggestions. So glad you are here!

I was almost conned by the Cameroon man. He said he was in a small town in Texas right> Did you find him in Craig's List. I called the FBI on him and they were very interested, because he started threatening me.

lemmysmommy

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I believe that he was probably the same guy, but it said that he was from St. Louis or something and I found it on Oodle. I was checking things out last night and there are like 10 different listings with the same picture and description, but the cat's name and location were all different! People are so sick...preying on all of us animal lovers with big hearts. I never got threatened. What was he saying? Good for you for calling the FBI.

Back