Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Be Gone For A Bit!

PitBullLove

Lairian
Didn't want ya'll to think we we're desertin' after just joining! lol We're going for a two week stay with my daughter at the children's hospital for a run of IV antibiotics courtesy of pseudomonas. :ThumbsDown: Just thought I'd say bye! :ThumbsUp:

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
best of luck to you and your daughter! bring lots of stuff to do, I have stayed in the hospital with my daughter years ago for long periods of time and know it can get gruling!

kalliee129

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Good luck! We'll be here when you get back and you can share all your good news :ThumbsUp:

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Good luck! hope every thing goes well!
see you soon!:ThumbsUp::ThumbsUp::ThumbsUp:

PitBullLove

Lairian
Back home now! Sort of good news and bad news.... she got a postive celiac diagnosis which sucks, but hopefully now she might actually put on some weight. CF and celiac... not the best combo for weight gain. :Dizzy: Although, she was admitted for the pseudomonas and strangely enough, her culture she took BEFORE her IV antibiotics came back negative, as well as the second one she took so they let us go home early! I give her homeopath kudos for that. I swear he is magick, no joke! lol They are still treating her for the pseudomonas which involved the two weeks of IV antibiotics, two weeks of oral cipro at home and then six months of inhaled colymycin at home but hopefully we can swindle them in to taking her off the inhaled meds early if she gets more clear cultures. I hate all the meds she has to take. :(

We were all so excited to get home to furry and furless crew earlier than expected! :BigSmile:

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
Glad you guys are back safe and everything went well! I work for A pediatrician and see sick kids all the time and it is awful when they have something serious!:Sad: I know it is A zillion times worse when it is your own! Sounds like she has A great mom, and of course great pets to keep her happy:BigSmile: Hope all goes well with the meds! Our son has crohns disease and its been about 6 months and we have yet to find A medicine to agree with him:Cry:

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Yes welcome back and I hope it gets better day by day!:ThumbsUp::Laugh:

Brooke

Banned
Welcome home, PitbullLove! I'm glad to hear everything went better than expected. The good news here is that celiac has been getting a ton of press lately, meaning more scientific breakthroughs and more awareness and that will only benefit your little girl in the long run. :ThumbsUp:

Please keep us posted on how she's doing!

PitBullLove

Lairian
Thanx guys! The good thing with the celiac is that many of her favorite foods are all ready gluten free. Almost makes me wonder if she was gauging herself without know it.

Our son has crohns disease and its been about 6 months and we have yet to find A medicine to agree with him:Cry:

Awwwwww........ I'm sorry to hear that. My friend has Crohns as well and him and Raven have alot in common as CF brings a host of digestive issues even though most people seem to relate it to the lung issues. They've both had bowel surgery and he's got an ostomy bag now which Raven had for the first few months of her life as she was born with a bowel blockage. My friends actually on a new med which he is loving! He's actually gained some weight, even has muscles now which he's all excited about! lol I hope you find something that works for him. I know the medication struggle all too well. :Cry:

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
Thanx guys! The good thing with the celiac is that many of her favorite foods are all ready gluten free. Almost makes me wonder if she was gauging herself without know it.

Awwwwww........ I'm sorry to hear that. My friend has Crohns as well and him and Raven have alot in common as CF brings a host of digestive issues even though most people seem to relate it to the lung issues. They've both had bowel surgery and he's got an ostomy bag now which Raven had for the first few months of her life as she was born with a bowel blockage. My friends actually on a new med which he is loving! He's actually gained some weight, even has muscles now which he's all excited about! lol I hope you find something that works for him. I know the medication struggle all too well. :Cry:

Thank you! I hate when its our kids just wish I could take it away. As far as your daughter lots of places have gluten free stuff now even when you eat out so thats a good thing:ThumbsUp: