Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Been Away...

TatyanaMassey

Lairian
Hey all! Ive been away for a little while and not been able to log in. Its so nice catching up finally!
Life has been kinda crazy. My sister had a baby (whoo hoo! Im finally an Auntie) but Franklin had a bit of an injury about a month ago.
Hes completely fine and healthy now, but at the time I was scared out of my wits. I was getting ready to go out one evening and had my curling iron on. I always make sure cords are out of the way of my curious kitten but I was in a hurry and left the bathroom for 2 seconds with the cord from the (very hot) curling iron dangling off the counter. Yep, I turned my back for not even a minute and Frankie pulled down the curling iron and burned himself. Thank goodness it wasnt horribly serious, but it burned him bad enough that it took a month to heal and he has about an inch long scar on his back. It could have been much much worse, but it still took some joy from our whole family while he has been healing.
So just a reminder, PLEASE watch those electrical appliances and cords, we were extremely lucky this time.
I hope everyone is doing well, and heres an updated photo :)

Annejo12

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Yup, these kitties are sure curious! Glad it was on the back and not the eyes or face. I also try to be very careful but life happens. My kitty ate a twist tie once and we went to emergency where after the x-ray we decided to give her something to make her puke. Lucky it came out without surgery. And then this morning my husband found a twist tie on the floor. I have no idea where it came from but you can never be too careful with these curious critters!

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Oh those sphynxs of us really do get into everything. Glad it wasn't too bad and the burn is healed.
Franklin and his furry buddy are so cute

JSal

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Oh poor baby! They are little rascals. I’m glad Frankie is healed now.

Cinafina

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Nice to have you back and congrats on becoming an auntie! Sorry to hear about Franklins accident, but relieved to hear that it's healed up well. They do get in to everything and then some and will use up a few of those 9 lives before adulthood it seems! :eek:

Yoda mom

Staff member
@TatyanaMassey awhhh glad Franklin is all healed
Looks very comfy with his Bestie ! Name ?

Thank you for sharing your advice on being careful with his hair appliances
This is valuable information for new and seasoned members

I also had to take razor blades out and off the shower stall shelf-
Stinkers jump up and steal razor blades !

For my hot iron appliances when I am done using I have to take them away and let them cool in my spare bathroom or use it in the spare bathroom and close the door till the appliances are cool

Head smooches to all paws

Congrats on being an Auntie !

Back