Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Behavioral issue? Meowing before and after pooping

TheTopaz

Lairian
Hi!
I have a sphynx cat that likes to announce his poops before and after going. He has been to the vet and has a clean bill of health in terms of his kidneys, body weight, blood testing and general check up. This cat eats a raw diet with limited ingredients, mostly because his brother has IBD.

So if this is a behavioral issue, how can I fix it or improve it? His meows are pretty over the top - like 30+ minutes a day of louder than normal meows announcing what's happening. :yuck: This same cat is high energy and also has a obsession with eating paper products (specifically q-tips and toilet paper) and maybe he is sneaking them and getting constipated?

Lickleone

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
My one boy announced his going to poop and again very loudly after as he want it gone lol I don’t look at it as a behavioural some just like to let you know my boy isn’t in pain he simply making sure I know my other boy some times announces but mostly not

Toa and Ross

Staff member
One of my boys meows very loudly too when he has to poop. I always think he yells at me “be ready mom, I’m about to poop and you need to scoop”.

But you say your boy starts meowing loudly 30 minutes before pooping and keeps meowing aftterwards. Is there blood in his poop? Is the poop too solid? Does he poop regulary?

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
We had a boy that always announced it was poop time very loudly. If we had company over that would look at us like what is going on. Nothing you can do really and definitely not a serious behavioral problem compared to pooping or peeing outside the box. Glad you had him checked out just in case.

TheTopaz

Lairian
One of my boys meows very loudly too when he has to poop. I always think he yells at me “be ready mom, I’m about to poop and you need to scoop”.

But you say your boy starts meowing loudly 30 minutes before pooping and keeps meowing aftterwards. Is there blood in his poop? Is the poop too solid? Does he poop regulary?

He poops regularly, every morning around 10am and again around 8pm. I have never seen anything unusual and no blood. He meows 15 minutes before going and then 15 minutes after going (while zooming all over).

Anita Eccleston

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Awe he wants momma to be proud I think ! before could be a warning
During to say “ I am doing it ! “
After to say. “ I am done please remove it ! “
Later to say “ hey momma did you poop a scoop “

I am tell you this breed of kitty cats are totally awesome , and are very help full lol
Hugs anita & Cleo

Back