Welcome to the Sphynxlair community! A community dedicated to the Sphynx breed!

Being a Sphynx Mom Makes Me CRAZY!

abbyknitter

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Every time I learn about a new kitty disease, I'm like, OMG ABBY HAS (insert disease name here)! I'm almost positive I am being paranoid but, I'm just so afraid of something happening to my baby! :Hysterical:

kalliee129

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Trust me I can completely relate. I came home from work today and looked up and saw one of the windows wide open (why I have no idea since I have like 2 feet of snow outside:Angry:) and who was sitting there...Meecho. I totally flipped a switch and started yelling about her getting sick and the cost of her medicine and if there was so much a sniffle.....no christmas:Furious: Then I calmed down and put Meecho in her PJs and covered her in about ten blankets:LOL::Laugh:

Every time I learn about a new kitty disease, I'm like, OMG ABBY HAS (insert disease name here)! I'm almost positive I am being paranoid but, I'm just so afraid of something happening to my baby! :Hysterical:
I think having a sphynx generally makes you a little nuts. I think its their heat, smell and baldness.
Mine made/makes me a little crazy too.
I don't have the disease-fear but the first week she made me hormonal. I would almost cry from happiness and now I cant stop kissing her and sometimes I can lay awake at night just watching her breating.

Hope nobodies judging me for being a freak.

ultra_stella

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
ME TOO! It scares the crap out of me, but I know we can all relate on here. I am so thankful for this site!

Maggies mommy

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I'm always worried about Maggie it's always something but for once she is great!!!

As I said in my other reply, I don't have a fear of diseases. And then again I do/did.
A couple of weeks ago when we didn't know what was wrong with Decibels heart, my husband and I was so freaked, we stared at her for a week sure that she would drop dead any moment and we could see signs in both sun and moon that she was very sick.
I don't think there has ever been so spoiled a cat or so closely monitored.

abbyknitter

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I think having a sphynx generally makes you a little nuts. I think its their heat, smell and baldness.
Mine made/makes me a little crazy too.
I don't have the disease-fear but the first week she made me hormonal. I would almost cry from happiness and now I cant stop kissing her and sometimes I can lay awake at night just watching her breating.

Hope nobodies judging me for being a freak.
Trust me you are not a freak :Wink: I kiss Abby over and over and over again, then she runs away, but you know:Smile: