Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Belly Ache

BusterTheCat

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Busty isn't feeling too well. Last night, he threw up and had diarrhea. Today he hasn't been eating. Sunday was the first day we introduced him to Dunkin and we also did so yesterday. I don't know if maybe Buster ate something or if he's extremely stressed. It's worrying me a lot because I don't want to stress him out this much. He's usually a very healthy cat. He's been in my bed all day today, I turned the heated blanket on for him. I'm hoping he just has a simple belly ache and nothing more.

YDSHNi6.png

Nicolemorgan

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Awh, sweet Buster.
I hope he feels better soon! <3
Sending lots of hugs.

It could be the new change to the house.
I would just continue to monitor him.
Hopefully he feels better later today and tomorrow.

GoldHazel

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Busty isn't feeling too well. Last night, he threw up and had diarrhea. Today he hasn't been eating. Sunday was the first day we introduced him to Dunkin and we also did so yesterday. I don't know if maybe Buster ate something or if he's extremely stressed. It's worrying me a lot because I don't want to stress him out this much. He's usually a very healthy cat. He's been in my bed all day today, I turned the heated blanket on for him. I'm hoping he just has a simple belly ache and nothing more.

YDSHNi6.png

@BusterTheCat, come on, Buster, get up out of bed. You are worrying Mommy. :(

Hopefully he will come around and want to eat, drink and use the litter box later. Keep a close eye on him and take him to the vet if there is no improvement tomorrow maybe.

When you lift the skin on his back, does he seem dehydrated at all? It might be difficult to tell if he feels feverish due to the heated throw blanket right now, but if you are familiar with how his gums feel (temperature-wise), then maybe check to see if they feel extra warm or hot now.

Feel better, Sweetie Pie Buster.

BusterTheCat

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
@GoldHazel @Catzzzmeow @Nicolemorgan Thank you everyone for your responses. I am so worried, he just had more diarrhea and he hasn't even eaten today :cry: We have an appointment for 12:00 tomorrow at the vet. My poor boy, I switch off all day playing with Dunkin and laying in bed with Buster because I don't want either of them to be alone. I will have an update tomorrow after the vet and hopefully it's a positive one! I am hoping for the best but worrying so much.

Nicolemorgan

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@GoldHazel @Catzzzmeow @Nicolemorgan Thank you everyone for your responses. I am so worried, he just had more diarrhea and he hasn't even eaten today :cry: We have an appointment for 12:00 tomorrow at the vet. My poor boy, I switch off all day playing with Dunkin and laying in bed with Buster because I don't want either of them to be alone. I will have an update tomorrow after the vet and hopefully it's a positive one! I am hoping for the best but worrying so much.

Awhhh, poor guy.
Good idea on the vet visit.
Hope all is well and will be waiting for your update @BusterTheCat
Sending hugs and healing thoughts.

BusterTheCat

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Update: Busty went to the vet today. They said his check-up seemed normal and they gave him some shots for anti-nauseau and antacid. When we got home, I went and bought his favorite food (Fancy Feast) and he ate about half of it. I think he is on the right track to getting better. If not, we will take him back for blood tests but we didn't want him to go through that if it wasn't necessary.

GoldHazel

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
@BusterTheCat thanks for the update and praying Buster is on the mend now. Those meds will calm his tummy down. So hopefully he'll be completely back to normal and not have to go back to the vet. Please let us know how that cutie pie is doing.

NinaGato

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Feel better Buster so you can start romping with Dunkin. It is hard with a new cat sometimes. Sometimes it the cat you think will do well will have a bit of a stress out and the cat you think will do bad will be like nothing has changed. Crossed fingers for you

BusterTheCat

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Dunkin has been roaming the house today and both Buster and Rosie are doing well with it! Buster meowed for his breakfast this morning :) Thank you all for the love!

Xandria

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Glad to hear Buster is on the mend. These nakeds really do like to give us a hard time some days. Sending lots of continued healing and happy vibes for your house!!

Back