Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Belly cold to the touch?

Crombie00

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I just noticed this with my boy cat. Could it be from sitting on cold floor? He sits and looks out window. My girl sits on DVR so is warm.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Crombie00 , my four all feel different body temps sometimes- depending where and what they hang out on- main thing to watch they run around healthy happy and eating fine

My kitties feel colder if they hang out on the tile floor , window ledges, cable box, or feel like little hot water bottles after coming out from snuggled under their blankies

Crombie00

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Ok thanks. Probably a silly question but was a wee bit worried. Always better to get thoughts from all of the wonderful peeps on here!! This board is the best!

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Questions are never silly. We all worry about our babies so good you ask! I think it's because of sitting on a cold floor. As long as his tummy doesn't stay cold when he's sleeping in a blanket or another warm place he's okay I guess.

Sphynx Asylum Dad

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Our asylum has the habit of eating their raw so fast that their bellies get full AND cold if it's not warmed up really well. Kinda odd to have a lil kit lookin like they swallowed a grapefruit and feeling like it was frozen when they did it!! Lol. They warm up in a few minutes and everything is peachy!