Welcome to the Sphynxlair community! A community dedicated to the Sphynx breed!

Benjamin is Home

MyJezebel

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
IMG_4149.JPG IMG_4160.JPG
So we've had him for a bit over two weeks now and he's a super cutie. He's very affectionate and purrs like there's no tomorrow. He wants to be besties with Jezebel, but she's not quite there yet. His unpredictable kitten behavior definitely has her proceeding with caution. They can share the same space without issue and she gets her sniffs in when he has his back to her (and will sometimes lick him quickly then too), but when he attempts to put his face near hers or to sniff her, all bets are off. 95% of the time she hisses and/or growls at him and gives a quick swat (claws in thankfully). We introduced them slowly, keeping them apart in separate rooms for six days before letting them meet through a crack in the door and they still don't sleep in the same room at night yet. I feel we've done things right so far, so I'm hoping she'll come around soon. I'm desperate to see some sphynx snuggling in the house again lol. Here he is enjoying some time in the window this evening.

Monica

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
What a beautiful blue boy! Hopefully Jezebel will come around soon. Congrats!

Catzzzmeow

Staff member
He really is a good looking boy. Very regal. Glad to hear she is being tolerant of him (for the most part.) your family must be in heaven with a crazy kitten in the house.

MyJezebel

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
He really is a good looking boy. Very regal. Glad to hear she is being tolerant of him (for the most part.) your family must be in heaven with a crazy kitten in the house.
I think we're all adjusting to the kitten behavior. He's my daughter's roommate for now and at times she'll bring him out to us in the wee hours of the morning because he won't let her sleep. He also chewed her phone charger, so she's not too pleased with him at the moment lol. His best friend for sure is the dog though. Milo is just as high energy as Benjamin and loves to run around with him. The only problem is Milo is 80 lbs and Ben is 4 lbs, so we have to make sure he doesn't trample him by accident.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yoda mom

Staff member
@MyJezebel Happy Benjamin Gotcha! What a handsome boy !
Head smooches to Jezebel Benjamin and Milo !
My my Benjamin you are a busy boy ! Your a sphnyx baby lol not ET ! Phone home

Look forward to pics and updates

All paws crossed Jezebel and Benjamin will be bestie buddies soon
With lots of Sphynx snuggles

I find my Sphynx love to "run with the big boy " dogs too

(((((Hugs))) to you and head smooches to all!

Keep us updated often!

admin

Administrator
Staff member
View attachment 85249 View attachment 85250
So we've had him for a bit over two weeks now and he's a super cutie. He's very affectionate and purrs like there's no tomorrow. He wants to be besties with Jezebel, but she's not quite there yet. His unpredictable kitten behavior definitely has her proceeding with caution. They can share the same space without issue and she gets her sniffs in when he has his back to her (and will sometimes lick him quickly then too), but when he attempts to put his face near hers or to sniff her, all bets are off. 95% of the time she hisses and/or growls at him and gives a quick swat (claws in thankfully). We introduced them slowly, keeping them apart in separate rooms for six days before letting them meet through a crack in the door and they still don't sleep in the same room at night yet. I feel we've done things right so far, so I'm hoping she'll come around soon. I'm desperate to see some sphynx snuggling in the house again lol. Here he is enjoying some time in the window this evening.
What a cutie! Congrats! :)

NinaGato

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Congrats! Sounds like lots of adjustment for everyone. He is a handsome guy. I find it funny that your kit and the dog are playmates. When we brought home Roland he was best mates with our at the time three year old standard poodle. She was forty pounds and he was 7 pounds. They have both passed on now.

MyJezebel

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@MyJezebel , checking in on Benjamin :)

He's as happy as a clam and keeps on going like the energizer bunny. It's been a long time since we've had a kitten in the house, so we're enjoying his antics. Except at 3 a.m. when he decides it's time to bite our feet under the covers or jump on top of Jezebel and set her off lol. Here's a rare moment where he is relaxing in the kitty playpen on the deck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk