Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Berlin is home

Shauntay

Banned
We drove to Vermont and picked up Berlin on thursday, have had no interest to go on the computer or upload pictures yet as that takes my attention off of her, and I am madly in love!! She came of the flight purring her little head off, and she is soooo tiny and wrinkled. Little Man immediately took to her, as I knew he would, cleans her and the sleep together, Douche, to my surprise, runs away and hisses everytime he sees her. Im sure he will come around, he is probably just pissed he is no longer the cutest ;) . The dog is overjoyed and very protective of her. She was climbing all over his back and face this morning, and Im sure those nails cant be comfortable for him but he just stood very still and wagged his tail. I dont think Mercedes has seen her yet, but come to think of it I dont think Ive seen Mercedes is a bit either :p She is extremely antisocial. Mistah is acting cool and nonchalant, like always, and really pleased at finding kitten food in the house again, although he is strictly not allowed any. And Berlin enjoys pouncing on the 20 lbs English Lop rabbit that could probably eat her, but he is a sweet dude and just stretches out like a frog and goes to sleep during the assault. I have laughed so hard watching her play, she is fearless! She sleeps completely cuddled up in my arms, with her head on my pillow at night, and big Little Man comes in to add to the body heat. She attcks daddies toes at night, and is just all aroung the most perfect little bundle of love I have ever seen!!

p.s. This was my first foray into the US of A, and you guys are so weird with your traffic lights dangling in the middle of your streets! lol

holly_savage

Banned
Congrats! They are such an amazing creature, especially when young. From the comment about the USA, I take it you are from Canada...where abouts?

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Congrats on your sphynx.
I can not wait to see pics.
What are the traffic lights like in Canada?
What state was the kitten shipped from.
I would have waited before letting them meet each other.
Sometimes they bring germs and the other cats get infected.

TanyaT

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Congrats on Berlin!!! I am so glad she is getting along with everyone!! I cant wait to see pics!!!!

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Congrats on your new kitten! She sounds like a beauty! Berlin is such a great name, too. Please post pics when you can.

holly_savage

Banned
montreal quebec :)

I figured it had to be Quebec if you were driving to Vermont! lol. I love Montreal been there many times and have family still there (I think:Dizzy:)

I am in Ontario. And I know what you mean about the lights, it takes a little getting used to!

Anyhow, good luck with Berlin...love the name,had a dog named Vegas once.

Bella07

Banned
Congratulations on bringing Berline hom! Having a kitten in the home is so much fun! Even though all of my pets are getting on the older side now, bringing a kitten home perks them up and they start acting like little babies again!
Have fun with Berlin and I agree, pictures please!!

lemmysmommy

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Congrats on getting Berlin home safely!! I can't wait to see pictures...but take your time to enjoy her!!

J

Jinxlover

This was my first foray into the US of A, and you guys are so weird with your traffic lights dangling in the middle of your streets! lol

Okay, I have never been to Canada. So Tell me, You don't have stop lights? Do you just not stop..lol:LOL: Inquiring minds want to know how you drive with no stop lights:LOL::LOL:

Congrats on the kitty..We still need pics.

Shauntay

Banned
Lol we have stop lights, just not dangling all over the place, they are on poles, like street lamps at the corners of intersections :p
I took my guys to the vet on tuesday for checkups, and she had a full checkup the morning we got her before she met the family. My vet said it was not a problem letting them interact as everyone is healthy and her stool sample was clean.
I promise Ill upload pics today sometime! And maybe a video.
I have this killer sinus cold, but its not stopping me from playing with her :p And atleast I know she is not nervous with loud noises as I sneeze about every ten minutes :ThumbsUp:

EmbraceMonChat

Lairian
Awwww...I'm glad her vet check went well! Sorry the vet couldn't help you with your sinuses! (Imagine how convenient it would be if we could combine physicians and vets under one roof!)

Can't wait for the pictures!

Being nosey...How did you come to name her Berlin? It's very pretty and all I can think of is the rock group from the 80's and the gorgeous love song they had from Top Gun.

Mug-ys mumma

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Congratulations!! I'm glad she's settled so well with the others!

...I know what you mean about traffic lights...ours are on poles too!!!

X

Back