Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Best Food/Multi Breed Household - UK

glittersailor

Lairian
I am picking up my new sphynx baby soon.

I have two other indoor cats, 1 bengal and 1 ginger moggy.
The sphynx kitten is currently on royal canin mother and babycat food which I will keep her on for a while when she comes here however I would like to get a decent dry food that I can feed them all (just to make dinner time a little easier) Can anyone recommend one?
My two's current favourite is purina one but i'm not sure this is suitable for sphynx.

I was looking at royal canin, science plan and taste of the wild (as i believe this one is grain free)

I will also feed them cooked chicken etc but would like a dry food that I can put down all day for them to nibble.

thanks
Carla

Hairless Blessing

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Welcome to sphynxlair, good to have you.
Maybe someone who is in your country can help.
But, I reccommend feeding canned food.
Instead of cooked chicken. They, get all the nutrition
Plus, it's important, for their urinary system and kidneys.

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Welcome to sphynxlair. Don't know the brand purina but maybe you can check the ingredients of purina with the royal canin and taste of wild? So you can see if there's a difference.

Roki

Lairian
You might also check out the nutrition threads on this site. Everyone has an opinion... Maybe one will be good for your situation. Oh, I do know that if you're preparing food for them yourself, it's important that they have appropriate supplements to make sure they get all their proper nutrients. Be sure to look into that as well! Best of luck with you new kitty!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tasha2511

Lairian
@glittersailor hello welcome UKer. Lol we have 2 others and a sphynx.
If only it was that easy!! My maincoon mix won't touch taste of the wild. Neither would my munchkin. Those two are McDonalds lovers (whiskas). And it is hard trying to keep the nakid away from junk. Apologies if you feed them whiskas, but it's not the best regardless of the breed.
Anyway...My nakid was on Taste of the Wild and Raw.
Have you considered raw at all?
For me...to feed one, it worked out to no more than £20 for per month.
Supplement I used is Felini Complete (zooplus), taurine (zooplus), meat is morrisons (lean, less than 10% fat beef) and goosefat. I also add a squeeze of salmon oil (for her skin).
Them Taste of the Wild is available for them to pick on.

glittersailor

Lairian
@Tasha2511 thank you for your advice! I currently feed my two 'Purina One' dry food, i've tried several others but they only seem to like this one consistently, however I don't think this would be much good for Coco (my sphynx)
I havent tried taste of the wild yet, so im hoping to get a small bag and see if they will eat it haha.
I do want to feed her raw but I'm just not sure what is best, I've looked at a few 'ready made' options online but I know my two boys will want that too when it is down so I don't want any fights at food time and I'm not sure looking at the prices online, I can commit to feeding all 3 that all the time haha!