Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Best litter

Millie

Lairian
I currently use daily news news print litter as it doesn’t track as badly. However the pee smell is awful with this litter

What is the best litter that is low dust as well as odour masking????
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bogeycat

Lairian
Hi Millie! So I have been on the hunt for a great litter over the last 2 years... I finally found it! if you have the money to spend, it's a bit expensive but totally worth it. Now it does track a little just because , how could it not--it's litter... but there is NO DUST, it's non GMO, it has incredible odor blocking with NO chemicals, my cat loves it, and it's completely odorless.

In the USA i couldn't get OKO cat's best litter, but I used it in England and really liked it.

World's best is really dusty! it got everywhere... and it has a very strong smell.

I only use flushable/environmentally friendly litter.

I just have 2 litter collecting mats outside of the litter box to trap dust.. I also use the Booda dome because it has little stairs that help brush off the cat's paws on the way out of his box!

Booda Dome Cleanstep Litter Box)

Only Natural Pet Non GMO Fast Clumping Grass Seed Cat Litter

Millie

Lairian
Hi Millie! So I have been on the hunt for a great litter over the last 2 years... I finally found it! if you have the money to spend, it's a bit expensive but totally worth it. Now it does track a little just because , how could it not--it's litter... but there is NO DUST, it's non GMO, it has incredible odor blocking with NO chemicals, my cat loves it, and it's completely odorless.

In the USA i couldn't get OKO cat's best litter, but I used it in England and really liked it.

World's best is really dusty! it got everywhere... and it has a very strong smell.

I only use flushable/environmentally friendly litter.

I just have 2 litter collecting mats outside of the litter box to trap dust.. I also use the Booda dome because it has little stairs that help brush off the cat's paws on the way out of his box!

Booda Dome Cleanstep Litter Box)

Only Natural Pet Non GMO Fast Clumping Grass Seed Cat Litter

Thank you!

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Hope more members from Canada chime in. I live in the Netherlands and use a Dutch Brand so can't give any advice.

Bailey21

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I use the Arm & Hammer Slide, I love it. Scoops very easily, very little if no dust, and its not too smelly! My mom used to buy the Arm & Hammer multi-cat but it would tend to crumble and then you'd have un-scoopable little pieces all over! Walmart sells a huge box for the cheapest price ($22)

JSal

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I use Slide as well. Both cats have taken to it well. It's easy to keep clean because it clumps. I've had no problems.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Bailey21 , @JSal, does the slide the slide come in more than one type ?
Which do you use ? Is it scented?

Do you have a picture of the Box of the slide litter you use?
Just so I make sure to order the same (the fresh for life litter I use from pet supermarket is on back order still)
Thanks in advance!

I saw slide has a dust free
Is this it ?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    48.8 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

Bailey21

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@Yoda mom yes that’s the one! They do make two versions, an odour controller (same box but green instead of purple) and the multi-cat purple box you posted a pic of. They are both unscented, it looks very similar to sand. I didn’t even realize they made two versions until I accidentally bought the green box and only noticed when it was a lot lighter in color, other than that litter was identical IMO. I tend to buy the purple multi cat, well because we have multiple cats

JSal

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
@Yoda mom that is the kitty litter we use. I've been using the green box because while I have multiple cats, there is more than one box. Although now that I think of that, that seems silly. It has baking soda in it for odor control. I've been happy with it.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@JSal , @Bailey21 , i looked at the questions and answers on chewy amd it states the litters are scented?
How perfumey are they in your opinion?
I have been using dr elseys unscented or unscented fresh for life odor destroyer (a close dupe )

Bailey21

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@Yoda mom I could’ve sworn that they were unscented! That being said I virtually smell no perfumes in the litter myself. @denise irwin what do you think? You’d be most sensitive with your scent allergy to identify added purfumey smells.

Back