Best LITTERBOX???!!! | Sphynxlair

Best LITTERBOX???!!!

Discussion in 'Sphynx Cat Questions?' started by Hairlesslove, Oct 18, 2009.

1. Hairlesslove

HairlessloveSenior Lairian Senior Lairian

Sphynx Bucks:
    $353.00
    Ratings:
    +108
    Mickey uses a regular litterbox,Its ok but I dont love it,I have seen those commercials about the Cat Genie Litterbox and I was wondering if someone here uses that for their sweeties and how they like it?....It sounds perfect...

Which litterbox do you think is one the best?

Thank you!!♥

2. heather

heatherV.I.P Lairian V.I.P Lairian

Sphynx Bucks:
    $396.00
    Ratings:
    +462
    I totally would've gotten a cat genie if I could! My bathroom is too small and my basement is too cold. I think its the best technology and makes the most sense. Plus the reviews on it are excellent. I know some people on here have them and love them.

For now, I have the top entry box. Its ok since Sophie is my only kitty.

3. Brooke

BrookeBanned

Sphynx Bucks:
    $42.00
    Ratings:
    +442
    Same here...the Cat Genie is one of those things on my "someday" list (someday, when I have a big enough bathroom) but for now I am in LOVE with my new Litter-Robot. :Laugh: (is it okay to love an inanimate object?)

Helen can't get herself up into it, but I just ordered a ramp for her (that is also supposed to help catch some of the litter they kick out) so once I get all four of them using it, I'll be completely liberated from the scoop. I can't wait!

If I were still using regular boxes, the top-entry boxes are the way to go. They are big and hold a lot of litter, keep the litter tracking down to almost nothing, and contain odors pretty well. Especially great for multiple cats. :ThumbsUp:

4. skinandbones

skinandbonesLairian

Sphynx Bucks:
    $302.00
    Ratings:
    +7
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE my litter robot. I call it the death star. easy to assemble. easy to clean. just throw a trash bag in the bottom, when it fills up just cinch it shut and put in a new one. with the two girls i change the trash bag about once a week and with it being underneath, the dog can't get to it and it keeps the smell contained. its not overly loud, just a slight hum. I didnt even have to do a litter box conversion with the girls. i just set it up and took the old box away. left the thing unplugged for the first couple of hours and then we've never turned back!

this is maggie contemplating the new fangled thing. every time it would go off when we first got it, she had to come in and watch it. it was her favorite show lol!:LOL:

[​IMG]

5. Jocy24

Jocy24Senior Lairian Senior Lairian

Sphynx Bucks:
    $15,386.97
    Ratings:
    +1,517
    Haha Skinand Bones, my Harry did the same thing when I brought him home. I used the litter robot immediately with no problems and he still loves to watch it go 'round.

6. Brooke

BrookeBanned

Sphynx Bucks:
    $42.00
    Ratings:
    +442
    Same here! Whenever my robot starts turning, the cats have to run back and watch it spin!

No problems from my cats getting used to it, either, except from Helen who has trouble getting up the step. I've got the ramp on order for her!

7. Hairlesslove

HairlessloveSenior Lairian Senior Lairian

Sphynx Bucks:
    $353.00
    Ratings:
    +108
    That Litter Robot sounds perfect! We are definately going to buy it for Mickey! I will keep you updated....Thanks everyone!!

8. zoes mom

zoes momLairian

Sphynx Bucks:
    $331.00
    Ratings:
    +68
    I have all types of litterboxes but I recently bought a large tall rubbermaid container cut out a nice big square hole about six inches from the floor and filled with litter. I keep the lid on it and they like it. Just a cheap solution that works! Although I've never seen this robot litter in the above pic's I need to check it out:ThumbsUp: