Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Best Sphynx vet in NYC?

savannahedgar

Lairian
Hi all! I'm a brand new Sphynx owner (well, don sphynx, specifically) but a very seasoned cat owner. I had been taking my other boy to the New York Cat Hospital, but very recently got in an argument with a vet tech who thought FRISKIES dry food was a good choice for a cat. Ideally looking for a vet that is knowledgable about/supports a raw food diet as I am interested in transitioning my boys that way. Any recommendations are much appreciated!

Hairless Blessing

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Welcome to sphynxlair, good to have you.
There are members here from different parts
of NY. That will chime in hopefully.
@Catzzzmeow is one. I tagged her so she will chime in.
You have pics of your baby? We would love to see them.

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry, but I am above the city in Dutchess county. Hopefully someone closer to the city will share with you.

savannahedgar

Lairian
Welcome to sphynxlair, good to have you.
There are members here from different parts
of NY. That will chime in hopefully.
@Catzzzmeow is one. I tagged her so she will chime in.
You have pics of your baby? We would love to see them.

This is Samson! He has some dark coloring around his mouth that makes him look super serious all the time which is funny to me because he's the happiest cat I've ever met!

Attachments

• IMG_5634.JPG
    IMG_5634.JPG
    105.4 KB · Views: 50

Minerva

Lairian
I recommend Dr. Sally Wang from Animal General by Columbus & 87th street. Although I'm not positive that she is a cat only vet - she is nonetheless stellar. I've been going to her for my cats Minerva and Emilia (both sphynx) for four years (more or less). She is very open about diets and not pushy about procedures (like some vets I've been to trying to sell people on a bunch of tests & exams & friskies). The office itself is clean and welcoming.

If you have any exotics their sister office Center for Avian & Exotic Medicine is right next door - which is how I got introduced to Animal General, I take my rabbits to Avian & Exotic (Dr. Pilny)

Hope my recommendation is of some use! Best of luck with your new baby :D

Back