Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Best way to make kitty happy at a boarding cattery/hotel

Nicky00

Lairian
Hi! So I'm going to go on vacation soon and will be boarding my naked baby. I'm just concerned because her maintenance is a handful
Also she is very attached to me and my room. Are there any recommendations on how I can make her transition and stay at the cattery as smooth and stress free as possible?

Anita Eccleston

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Hello if this was me I would send some of your pull overs anything with your scent on it , send his/her own blankets and plushy toys
Anything that will remind him / her of home
It’s sad you couldn’t get someone to house sit for you ..
Tell the people all his /her little ways and that he /she will need some extra tlc they may not be familiar with the breed , also tell them about keeping her /him warm write down as much info as you can , as this will help them to cater to his /her needs
Could you not find a personal friend or family member willing to pet sit ?
I think for you to be able to enjoy your holiday , you will need to know you have covered all bases !
Hugs
Xxx❤️❤️❤️

RoseEllen

Lairian
Her favourite toys, blankets, put her in a sweater if she wears them.. find out if there’s a spot you can plug in a heated bed (if you have one) in case they don’t keep the rooms warm enough. Ive never had to leave mine at a boarding kennel yet but these are the things that i would do. I would be very annoying on the phone asking a ton of questions :LOL: