Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Big Man is not very well =(

xxx_phoenix_xxx

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
my poor big man Raven our black labrador is very ill =(
we took him to the vets last night as he was coughing and struggling for breath.
it turns out he has fluid built up in his lungs. he was given a few shots off the vet to ease his breathing and has been sent home this morning with an enormouse ammount of antibiotics.
the vet said he could of died if untreated :Cry:
for now we have to see how he gets on with the antibiotics but if he seems to get any worse we must return him to the vets to have the fluid drained from his lungs.
we are unsure how he came to have the infection but we are under strict instructions to keep him indoors at all times and he is only allowed out for toilet use and we also have to keep him very calm and not get him exited which is very hard as he is still really a puppy at heart he is only 2 and a half. also both my children are very young and all they want to do is run round with him and Oshun.
today he has slept on my bed in my bed room upstairs out the way of any hussle and bussle
i'm just keeping my fingers crossed for him now the vet estimated that it will take him between 6-8 weeks recovery time to be completey over this if he continues to get better
please send some healing vibes our way xxxxxx

xxx_phoenix_xxx

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
thank's guys, he seems the same for now,
will keep you posted xx

xxx_phoenix_xxx

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
oh dear- scary. wishing him a speedy recovery
thanks hun

bless him he really doesn't seem his usuall bouncy self so quiet and looks so sad :Cry:
the antibiotics he is on are also making him very drowsy i guess this is a good thing as he cant really do much which is what is needed at the moment

xxx_phoenix_xxx

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
thanks guys

he seems to be a little happier this morning but no change in his coughing or his breathing. he's eating well now so i think he is doing better xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Candys

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I hope each day is a better day for the both of you.

sphynxie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
So sorry to hear about Raven. Nudie and I send our best for a quick recovery. Please keep us posted...

JacksMom

Banned
Prayers and good thoughts to Raven. It's hard watching our babies suffer sickness. Hoping his much better every day. :)