Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Birthday Cake for Raw Diet Kitties?

SupplyPipe28

Lairian
Hi everyone,

Our baby boy is turning 1 tomorrow :love::love::love: and I've been flip-flopping on making him a birthday cake only because I can't seem to find any recipes for cats on a raw diet - does anyone (@Xandria ? :happy:) have a recipe they'd like to share?! So far, he has no allergies to date. :)

TIA!

Sheldon13

Staff member
Aww, but that one has flour and other things kitty can't have. For a raw cake honestly the best I can thing of is to use a mold and cook it a bit, but then it might change the taste to where they don't like it. You could always just serve a favorite with an unlit candle for pictures!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MollysMom

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@SupplyPipe28 I have made a small cake in a square foodsaver dish in the microwave. Beat a couple eggs well, and add in tuna and juice. Mix well, put in a greased dish. Microwave on lowish heat until cooked, stopping every 5-10 seconds to prick it with a fork and let steam escape.

SupplyPipe28

Lairian
Aww, but that one has flour and other things kitty can't have. For a raw cake honestly the best I can thing of is to use a mold and cook it a bit, but then it might change the taste to where they don't like it. You could always just serve a favorite with an unlit candle for pictures!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the suggestion @Sheldon13 - I ended up "Frankensteining" a few recipes, but you're right - our little guy only gobbled up the uncooked portions; the mildly baked part only got a sniff and a lick. :LOL: Ah, well, now we know what he likes for next time!

SupplyPipe28

Lairian
Thank you all very much for the all suggestions - Severin's 1st birthday was on Friday, but we decided to celebrate it with his cake yesterday because his mum couldn't decided on a recipe. :whistle:

I ended up scrambling 1 egg with a small tin of salmon, which was partially baked just to give it some form. There was enough mixture to make a tier and a half, but sadly Severin only ate the toppings and middle layer (a combination of crab legs and his dried salmon treats). It looked pretty, though! Haha Anyway, here are a couple of pics... :)

Cake 1.jpg
Cake 4.jpg

Xandria

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Happy belated birthday to Severin. That cake turned out absolutely fabulous. I think you could start a sideline job/career in making birthday cakes for cats and dogs!

BlueJune

Lairian
This is a super cute idea! I can't wait for Jan 2nd so I can spam pictures of him at 1 year. I will rim the outside of mine with chicken hearts lol. Happy birthday to your special birthday boy!

Back