Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

bitting blankets!!!

Maggies mommy

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
HI HI HI!!! Maggie is doing this new thing were she bites & pulls the blankets!!! what does this mean???? Does any 1 elses kitty do this??? Is it because she is trying to make a bed????

TanyaT

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Snuggles is just a kitten but her thinks he is nursing with his blanket, purrs and kneeds it.. Its so cute!!

Maggies mommy

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Maggie STILL sucks on my finger its so cute!!! she kneads the blankets but the new thing is she bites them! snuggles doesnt bite them???

TanyaT

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I dont think he bites it?? he actually even falls asleep sucking on it well it sounds like thats what he is doing. :LOL:

Maybe she thinks she is a dog:LOL::LOL:

Maggies mommy

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I dont think he bites it?? he actually even falls asleep sucking on it well it sounds like thats what he is doing. :LOL:

Maybe she thinks she is a dog:LOL::LOL:

Lol I think ur right she thinks she's a dog prob because she lives with 6 lol :Worn-out::Exclamation::Hysterical:

ckutkuhn7

Banned
:LOL::LOL:

Mug-Y does the same!! and he does this weird tap dancing thing with his back legs that always cracks me up!!!

:LOL::LOL:

X

haha, Snuffie does this as well to either get under the covers or because she is in attack mode. She also does the kick thing with her back legs. We call it her "Kangaroo kick" because its with both feet at the same time and she will do it like 6 or 7 times in a row. Its halarious! She does it also when she is trying to get between Jimmy and I in bed, she Kangaroo kicks me to make me scoot over. MEAN A$$!!!! LOL:LOL:

ultra_stella

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
haha, Snuffie does this as well to either get under the covers or because she is in attack mode. She also does the kick thing with her back legs. We call it her "Kangaroo kick" because its with both feet at the same time and she will do it like 6 or 7 times in a row. Its halarious! She does it also when she is trying to get between Jimmy and I in bed, she Kangaroo kicks me to make me scoot over. MEAN A$$!!!! LOL:LOL:

LOL So much personality these cats have ! Stella has her spot in the middle between my boyfriend and I. She tucks in next to me, though. Fortunately she isn't violent at bed time. It's our hairy kitty that is! She'll walk on to the bed purring and she will bite whatever part of your body is exposed. I call them love bites since she's purring, but still! OUCH!

heather

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
At least its the blankets and not your face and throat! Sophie nurses on my face/cheek while kneading on my neck. I take responsibility for not stopping this behavior when its not painful- BUT - most times I'm half asleep and can't wake up enough except to roll over but she follows me.

ultra_stella

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
:LOL::LOL: I think this is exactly why Jimmy told me I could get another kitty. He is secretly plotting to make it "his" cuz he gets jealous that Snuffie follows my commands and cuddles with me more. hahaha,,She knows who her mama is!!!!:LOL:
LOL! :LOL: If Stella happens to get up at night to go potty or chase Izzy, she'll still migrate to my side. It doesn't matter if my boyfriend picks her up and places her under the covers. She will scoot, crawl and walk right over to my side. Every time! I don't say anything, though. I pretend like I'm sleeping. :LOL:
They are such sweethearts, aren't they?

ckutkuhn7

Banned
LOL! :LOL: If Stella happens to get up at night to go potty or chase Izzy, she'll still migrate to my side. It doesn't matter if my boyfriend picks her up and places her under the covers. She will scoot, crawl and walk right over to my side. Every time! I don't say anything, though. I pretend like I'm sleeping. :LOL:
They are such sweethearts, aren't they?

Yes they are. I couldn't imagine my life right now without Snuffie. I think I'm taking her out tomorrow. She deserves a day of shopping!! LOL

Morticia

Lairian
HI HI HI!!! Maggie is doing this new thing were she bites & pulls the blankets!!! what does this mean???? Does any 1 elses kitty do this??? Is it because she is trying to make a bed????

My 7month old Morticia does the same thing, liking, and bitting off fleece chunks, and even dragging the blanket from her nap spot to the middle of the living room. Still have no idea why she does this???

Last edited:

NightSpidy

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Funny, I was just going to post this as a question as well. Rupert has been grooming the polar fleece & fuzzy blankets here too and he will bite the blanket very casually. I think it may be a little bit of a teething thing b/c one of his teeth came out the other day when he was biting the blanket. As for the licking and grooming of the blanket, I dunno, wishful thinking?! :Hysterical: :LOL: :Hysterical: :LOL: :Hysterical: :LOL: :Hysterical:

marlene

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Pedda will bite kick and wrestle with the blanket but only when we're playing Pounce Cat (that's me wiggling my hands and feet under them). But she does it only during play time, which is good for my sleep.

lawgrl

Lairian
The only time I've seen Choppy bite one of his blankets (when there are no feet moving around underneath it) is when he's...erm...having some "alone time" :Wink::Pudently:with it, lol!

He's especially "friendly" with his fleece blankets (guess fleece is his thing!:Surprise:)...so, every now and then he'll start with the pressy paws, get his groove on, and then he always ends up biting the blanket...I have no idea why (I mean, who really understands the mysteries of love anyway, lol)!!

laurame

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
You are not alone!!! Sherlock bites blankets. I thought he was the only "angry kitty". LOL!!! He has done that since I first met him and he bit at my shirt :) Dont know why. I imagine it feels good? He does the same with his fuzzy toys. Ahh the mystery that is these sphynx kitties :)

braverducky

Lairian
Pander does this every day but he isn't grooming the blankets. He does it when he's in attack/ninja/high energy mode. He runs around the bed like a manic pouncing on the blanket, chewing and shaking it with his head (like a dog) rolling in it, playing peek a boo and hide and seek with it, clawing it, trying to kill it. It's crazy. Doesn't matter what kind of blanket either. It's just like one giant easy mouse target for him. My other kitty tries to join the fun but just straight up doesn't understand the game.

Gizzymom

Banned
Pander does this every day but he isn't grooming the blankets. He does it when he's in attack/ninja/high energy mode. He runs around the bed like a manic pouncing on the blanket, chewing and shaking it with his head (like a dog) rolling in it, playing peek a boo and hide and seek with it, clawing it, trying to kill it. It's crazy. Doesn't matter what kind of blanket either. It's just like one giant easy mouse target for him. My other kitty tries to join the fun but just straight up doesn't understand the game.

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Back