Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Bitty

Sleepyheadkitten

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I thought I would TRY to share a picture of Bitty...

She was born on Saturday and weighed 50 grams- I have never seen nor had a live kitten born this size. She has gained weight and is over 72 grams as of tonight. I am tubing her every two hours and she is with her siblings and moves around like them- so I am hopeful. BUT I am always hopeful :)

Bitty is with her brother in this picture- he is a normal size kitten at 4 days of age when the picture was taken.

Edited to add: Bitty is really going downhill this evening... I know you cannot save them all, but this makes me so sad. I am already in love with this little tyke...

Attachments

Last edited:
awwww....I am in love! she is just the most precious thing! I want to cuddle her to my bosom (yes I said bosom...don't know if I spelled it right though:LOL:)right now! Can I come over and help? I would if you were close by you know!

Sleepyheadkitten

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I am all for help- hahahaha. I am so bleary eyed and exhausted after this last week. One of my dogs started obedience class at 8 AM after I was up until 4 AM deliving Bitty and her siblings- I thought I was going to die!

This is the last litter from this Momma and I really hope Bitty manages to beat the odds and ends up living a long healthy life. I already love her- she is spunky and cute :)

susi794

Staff member
C'mon Bitty...you can do it Honey! Praying she will get that long, healthy life.

Cathie

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
She look like she is getting bigger. Hope she continues on this road:)

Sleepyheadkitten

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Sigh... Of course, I share her picture and check on her to feed her and she looks like she is headed towards the Rainbow Bridge... I really had hopes for her since she had stuck with me for a week. Sigh...

Bitty, I love you regardless of whether you stay here or go to the Bridge... I am so glad I got to kiss you and know you while you were here...

Cathie

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Soryy to hear this Tricia. I had hope to met her in the future, Maybe it was not ment to be.

susi794

Staff member
I pray that Bitty was just small and needs some time to catch up. I pray that with all my heart....but I completely understand the gut wrenching feelings you're having. If she has to go, Baby T-Rex and my Itty Bit will show her the way across the Bridge. I'm also glad you got a chance to kiss her and tell her she was loved.

Oh that is sad news, getting all teary at work. Sure hope she can pull through. My thoughts are with you.

Sleepyheadkitten

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
She passed out of this world last night... I am so sad and exhausted by everything... I knew that due to her size, I was probably fighting a losing battle, but she seemed really quite 'normal' for the first four days of life and then last night, she went downhill really fast. I guess that's a blessing though- she didn't have to linger on and suffer.

Thank you guys, so much though, for enjoying her with me. She was a special little girl.

And Suzi, I had thought of you and T-Rex last night... I had seen his video on the boards and he reminded me of Bitty.

Mug-ys mumma

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I'm so sorry to hear your sad news :Cry: R.I.P Bitty you precious baby...

Sending you big hugs XxX

jovanna

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I am so sorry for your loss. She was lucky to have received such wonderful care during her short time here on earth. I am sure you'll see her again one day on the other side of rainbow bridge, and she will thank you for the love and kindness you showed her.