Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Black heads!!!????

Brooke

Banned
When our kittys get older do they stop getting black heads???

I don't think so...Walter still had them when he was 2. They went away a few months after he was neutered, though. I kinda miss squeezing blackheads a little bit. :LOL: Maggie was just spayed recently, right?

The Sphynx's I know that have them a lot more, are the ones that are still intact. My 4 are all altered, and rarely ever have blackheads...I think hormones must have a lot to do with their oil production.

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Piglet is older and spayed but she still occasionally gets blackheads on her tail and sometimes one or two on her chin. Usually I use a stridex pad to wipe them and they come off.

lemmysmommy

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Lemmy has them too, all over his body. He won't let me touch them though. Any suggestions on how to remove them?

Sam lewis

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I thought Mo had one on his tail a few months ago, I sqeezed it and it went. I think it was a blackhead? But he has never had any others! Maybe he's been lucky.

Pbinky

Banned
You can buy Omega 3 supplements for kitties! Just go to your local health food store and ask for Omega 3 Feline formula. the dose instruction is on the bottle according to your kitties weight. This will help with the many little black heads they get on the back of their tails. As for the chin... it will improve that too.
Omega 3 does wonders for our skin and theirs!!
:BigSmile:

sassycat954

Lairian
we just got our baby boy yesterday and while giving him a bath today i noticed he had tons on his chin i was in shock to see he had blackheads lol but im guessing this is normal and something i will come into contact with often ?

im going to try the omega 3s and see if that works as for his body he has none only on his chin :ThumbsUp:

Boonecat

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
My Boone has a couple on around his lower lip. Just squeezed a 2nd one off yesterday. Look on the bright side.... @ least they don't get acne:Woo::Dizzy:

Nofuratu

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Make sure you arent using plastic dishes cause that can cause chin acne.
I pop the blackheads, chin and tail area...and that helps.
For the tail I scrub in the bath with a facecloth, to exfoliate a little.
You can also clean the affected area with an antibacterial soap twice a day but have to make sure to rinse. Use something like hibitaine or hibicleanse.

Adventures of A Naked Cat

wundrlust

Lairian
Mine are both fixed and I have never seen any blackheads. Butt (Dale) has a somewhat larger pore on his neck where his oil does accumulate. That comes clean with just a wipe of my finger.

KitCatty

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Man! This is gross, I am going to have 3 and ur telling me there will be blackheads. I guess I'm gonna be busy.... LOL.

What about ceramic dishes?

Boonecat

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Man! This is gross, I am going to have 3 and ur telling me there will be blackheads. I guess I'm gonna be busy.... LOL.

What about ceramic dishes?

:LOL:Blackheads X 3 = Triple the popping pleasure!

Aww, maybe you'll get lucky & yours won't have any @ all. Ceramic or stainless steel bowls don't harbor bacteria like plastic ones do; so I've heard.:Smile:

chelrack

Lairian
Miss Lola gets black heads under her chin and at the base of her tail. I'm going to see if my groomer has any tips. If so I'll share!

Caloci

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Vito gets them on his tail but they are usually so small I dont bother to pick at them, plus he doesnt like it.

He does have a giant pore on his chest that is always clogged. I squeeze the junk out of it almost every day. I have to get it when he is sleepy otherwise he wont let me at it. Kind of gross. I think he has a few black heads on his chin but he wont let me at them either. I just make sure I give a good scrub when he gets his bath.

flying sphynx

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Hi my girls do not get blackheads but my Chinese Cresred do and i use plain yorgurt and honey on them . Here is what I do i put some yorgurt in a bowl and let is set to reach room temp and i add a spoonful of honey . then i put it on the area with blackheads for about 3 to 5 minutes and bath them . The blackheads come off in the bath and the ones that do not just pop right out with no effort at all. I like this because if they lick it, it will not hurt them . Thanks

Back