Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Black or raised bumps

Otiboi

Lairian
E76DF30F-FC82-4839-B812-82FED3E8378C.jpeg E2F75762-192F-409B-A6EE-8AD78D179C67.jpeg
Hi there! Apologies if this is a repeat question but I’ve tried to search amongst threads and couldn’t really see the same thing.
My boy (9 years old, with HCM) has these raised black bumps on his mouth and one on his body. He won’t let me touch them at all bcoz we tried to see if it was maybe a blackhead. They have been there for quite a while but they seem to be irritating him now and he has scratched himself over the bumps... as you can see in the pic Some are black others are not but are just raised and seem to be deep. All of them are raised bumps. Any idea what they could be? Thanks in advance.

NinaGato

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
They very well could be little cysts and sometimes they resolve on their own but sometimes they can get infected and be painful. My best advice is to see the vet about them, especially if they are bothering him.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Otiboi , welcoming you and your sweet boy to the lair family
Awhhhh 9 :). What is his name? Is he on meds for HCM?

It could be a variety of things - sebaceous cyst other types of lumps , cysts
, allergies from rubbing on some surface etc
We can't diagnosis but can share our experiences for when you visit a vet amd ask to rule out certain things we see in sphnyx .

I would take him for his wellness check with the vet for peace of mind

Head smooches sent

Keep us updated
I am sure others will chime in too

Here is a link
Sphynx Skin Conditions

Positve vibes for a diagnosis amd healing

I recommend not trying to pop them

Last edited:

Otiboi

Lairian
Thanks so much all. I will get him to the vet to have them checked out. They can’t do anything with his heart condition, so although he needs work on his teeth, the vet says our hands are tied with most things... can’t put him under for anything to be done.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Otiboi , awhhhh hugs n head smooches
Positve vibes sent
I will be checking in for updates

you can ask your vet if Oratene Maintenance gel thst you can just rub on his gums would be beneficial
I have kitties with heart issues and have the Oratene maintenance gel -
I keep on hand the Oratene antispectic gel just in case .

Zymox Dental Product for Pets

I have kitties with heart issues and don't want them put under anesthesia .
So I try my best with the Oratene maintenance gel

Head smooches sent
Keep us updated often
All paws crossed for your boy

Back