Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Black Tongue & New Spots

CassidySarah29

Lairian
My baby, Yoda, has been diagnosed with a blood disorder that causes her to have thin paw pads and she has developed a small cyst as a result as well. She was on steroids for awhile to help, and after she stopped them- her tongue turned black and has been black ever since. I've brushed it off until I started realizing her new skin spots. She's a calico sphynx, so she has spots- but she has started developing new spots, small and light. My vet isn't very knowledgable about sphynx cats and I was curious if anyone has had anything like this happen with their babies? I'm starting to get worried about her. I'm hoping I can find some answers and reassurance.

Also, her issues made her nose enlarge and swell up before too. After treatment, she's still left with a larger-than-normal nose, but it's not red and squishy anymore.

Thanks everyone.

- Sarah

Yoda mom

Staff member
@CassidySarah29 , Welcome to you and your Yoda :)
I have no experience with your Yodas diagnosis
But wanted to send welcomes and my ((hugs))) and well wishes for your baby-
I am sure others will chime in too
Looking forward to pics of your Yoda :)

Hairless Blessing

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Welcome to sphynxlair, good to have you.
Could you post a pic of her? It helps to see what you are talking about.

admin

Administrator
Staff member
My baby, Yoda, has been diagnosed with a blood disorder that causes her to have thin paw pads and she has developed a small cyst as a result as well. She was on steroids for awhile to help, and after she stopped them- her tongue turned black and has been black ever since. I've brushed it off until I started realizing her new skin spots. She's a calico sphynx, so she has spots- but she has started developing new spots, small and light. My vet isn't very knowledgable about sphynx cats and I was curious if anyone has had anything like this happen with their babies? I'm starting to get worried about her. I'm hoping I can find some answers and reassurance.

Also, her issues made her nose enlarge and swell up before too. After treatment, she's still left with a larger-than-normal nose, but it's not red and squishy anymore.

Thanks everyone.

- Sarah
Yes, pictures would surely help. :) I have heard of cats getting black tongues from antibiotics, Clavamox to be specific due to an allergic reaction. Is she on any type of meds?