Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Blind killer!

Luvmysphynx

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Ok, I need some help here, Miss Haley is showing her develish side LOL To bad she's such a cute little girl, or I'd have to get upset with her! She's chewed off the cords off of THREE sets of blinds already, I really don't care because I almost never pull the blinds up in the rooms she's done it in so far, but if she does it in my bedroom or livingroom, I'll be in trouble LOL Anyone have good suggestions to teach her not to kill the blind cords? I tried tying them up - She'll reach up, somehow manage to untie them and chew them off - She doesn't real eat them, just chews them up! My friends are all getting a kick out of it, I survived 4 very naughty puppies with minimal damage to my house by giving them appropriate things to chew on, now that I have a kitten (she's only about a year and a half), my house is being chewed apart LOL She's eaten a computer cable, 2 cell phone chargers, and will chew just about anything that fits in her mouth!!! I've never had a cat that's a chewer before - Any suggestions?

kalliee129

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
:LOL: Lydia I feel for you because I'm going through the same thing but with my puppy Suki :LOL: The amount of money we have spent replacing cords and charges since getting her two and half months ago WAY out weighs how much she cost to buy. I wish I had some suggestions for you, but I can't think of anything because when I find the chewed stuff I'm peeved but then I look at her and I can't get mad at her. :BigSmile:

Moonstone

Lairian
They don't like white vinaigar...so perhaps you could try to put vinaigar on all cables ?

Or specific products that keep the animal away from... (repelling ?)

PitRottMommy

Banned
Ok, I need some help here, Miss Haley is showing her develish side LOL To bad she's such a cute little girl, or I'd have to get upset with her! She's chewed off the cords off of THREE sets of blinds already, I really don't care because I almost never pull the blinds up in the rooms she's done it in so far, but if she does it in my bedroom or livingroom, I'll be in trouble LOL Anyone have good suggestions to teach her not to kill the blind cords? I tried tying them up - She'll reach up, somehow manage to untie them and chew them off - She doesn't real eat them, just chews them up! My friends are all getting a kick out of it, I survived 4 very naughty puppies with minimal damage to my house by giving them appropriate things to chew on, now that I have a kitten (she's only about a year and a half), my house is being chewed apart LOL She's eaten a computer cable, 2 cell phone chargers, and will chew just about anything that fits in her mouth!!! I've never had a cat that's a chewer before - Any suggestions?

Try a product called "Yuk!". Coat it on liberally and set her up for failure. If you've applied enough of the product, it will only take a few times for her to learn just how bad those cords taste and she'll quit. It's important to quell this now, linear foreign bodies are common amongst yarn, cords, christmas tinsel, etc.

Kalliee--try kenneling your new puppy. If she can't reach something, she can't tear it up. Once she's exhibited behaviors of being trustworthy, then allow her to come out. Dogs that tear things up and don't learn to stop will eventually wind up in the hospital with something in their stomach that they weren't supposed to eat. The receptionist I work with just lost her daughter's best friend, a boston terrier, to a purse strap. It's more common than you think and it doesn't take something big to cause big problems.

Luvmysphynx

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
:LOL: Lydia I feel for you because I'm going through the same thing but with my puppy Suki :LOL: The amount of money we have spent replacing cords and charges since getting her two and half months ago WAY out weighs how much she cost to buy. I wish I had some suggestions for you, but I can't think of anything because when I find the chewed stuff I'm peeved but then I look at her and I can't get mad at her. :BigSmile:
ROFL that's EXACTLY my problem :LOL: She's such a sweet heart, and she's such a cute little girl it's impossible to get mad at her - I laugh because puppies I've been able to control and prevent this from happening, but a kitten? Forget it :Laugh:

kalliee129

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Suki is doing better because she is never out of our site, except she did disappear around the house the other day for like a minute and when she returned she had a black bird feather. I wasn't to concerned thinking there was no way she could have done anything to a crow that is two times bigger then her. Well today at the market she saw a pigeon and the pigeons in DC are like freakishly big and well Suki took off and jumped up to get her and just barely missed her because she was attached to the leash. Maybe I should take a better look around for any bird parts in our yard....yuk!

I also forgot there is ONE thing that Meecho loves to chew on....plastic wear and straws. If your not careful you'll come back to a mangled up straw or fork or no straw and fork at all :LOL:

Back