Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Blister/Sore explanation?

Frances

Lairian
Hi everybody!

I've been pretty busy working a lot of overtime and didn't really have time to give little Luna her bath and she got pretty dirty, I noticed she was licking herself trying to get clean so I decided to give her a bath right away. I noticed she had a sore on her neck that had scabbed over...I assumed she used her back feet to scratch her neck and accidentally scratched too hard. It had been only like a week and a few days and she's usually pretty good to have a bath once a week. Anyway, she was sparkley clean, cut nails, clean ears...the works! However, today when I came home from work I noticed another sore on her neck to the left of the previous one that is swollen and kind of looks like a blister. I wonder if it is a sore from her kicking herself raw but I'm not entirely sure. She is also in heat for the first time so i dont know if they go through weird fits...I honestly dont know. I included pictures...maybe someone has experienced something similar? Or has treatment advice? Thank you!

Attachments

• 20170213_021423.jpg
    20170213_021423.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 71
  • 20170213_021420.jpg
    20170213_021420.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 76

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hi everybody!

I've been pretty busy working a lot of overtime and didn't really have time to give little Luna her bath and she got pretty dirty, I noticed she was licking herself trying to get clean so I decided to give her a bath right away. I noticed she had a sore on her neck that had scabbed over...I assumed she used her back feet to scratch her neck and accidentally scratched too hard. It had been only like a week and a few days and she's usually pretty good to have a bath once a week. Anyway, she was sparkley clean, cut nails, clean ears...the works! However, today when I came home from work I noticed another sore on her neck to the left of the previous one that is swollen and kind of looks like a blister. I wonder if it is a sore from her kicking herself raw but I'm not entirely sure. She is also in heat for the first time so i dont know if they go through weird fits...I honestly dont know. I included pictures...maybe someone has experienced something similar? Or has treatment advice? Thank you!
Hmm, my male get s small scratches around the neck area. I've read others as well, thats a bit larger though. I would keep and eye on it and if it gets worse, see your vet. Many members have good luck with Vetericyn spray for cuts and wounds, you might want to get that product to try and just have around the home.

Screen Shot 2017-02-13 at 5.43.23 AM.png

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
We had a boy who got them from rubbing against things. When we had carpet on the stairs it was horrible how he rubbed and rubbed. With her being in heat, have you noticed is she rubbing on things more? The spray mentioned is awesome.

Patti

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Frances, great advice given
Many of us keep Veteicyn spray or hydrogel on hand
I like it is non toxic, works great

I switched to Hylt shampoo Recommemded by others that is easy rinse
HyLyt Hypoallergenic Shampoo with Essential Fatty Acids for Dogs & Cats
I add a little avenalyt too
My vet sells the shampoos andall products Vary on prices online
If you find a good deal on Veteicyn VF it just stands for "vet formula " supposedly twice as potent.
No prescription needed for any of the vetericyn.

I use Hylyt very diluted in a pitcher of water with baby wash clothes for wipe downs.
I noticed mine get dirtier faster with certain foods (Acana)
Or if I Bath them too often

Luna is a cutie! Head smooches
Hope you get a chance to share pics and tales

Last edited:
Back