Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Blood Filled Blackhead

Westbroadwaybb

Lairian
So I check my sphynx for blackheads on their chin every once in a while and today I found that they had a large bump on their lip. I popped it and the usual black stuff came out but so did a lot of blood. The bump was still there after popping. Should I be concerned?

Toa and Ross

Staff member
My boys have a lot of blackheads too. Some are filled with blood when I pop them. It takes a while for those blackheads to disappear. Sometimes I have to pop them twice. I clean the blackheads with witch hazel on a cotton ball.

Catzzzmeow

Staff member
I have popped a couple and yes it only black stuff, but blood too. A couple of times left a gaping hole and 3 days later completely healed. Just keep a close eye for infection. If something feels off see your vet. The bump might have still stayed if all the blood and gook dud not squeeze out. You can use a warm compress to try to draw it out as well.

Sheldon13

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
It’s basically a little superficial abscess. Just watch for infection and it’s no biggie.

Love and Sphynx ~ It’s all you need