Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

bloody bottom after poo?!

LilithOphelia

Lairian
So I noticed as I was wiping my baby’s bottom after her poo that she had a little blood. Wasn’t much, seemed kinda mucus-y. Her poo was also a little runny, but mostly formed soft/solid. Not unlike her usual poos. I’ve been adding a little water to her wet food to add hydration, so I’m assuming it was runny because of that. She seems to have that when I add the water. I didn’t see any blood in her stool or urine.
When I took her for her check 4 days ago they did a routine check on her poo and everything was normal.
Is this something that can randomly happen, or should I be concerned? I also noticed yesterday she woke up with a lump by her shoulder blade. I sent a picture to the breeder and she said it looked like irritation from where the needle went in for her microchip. Could this be related?

Jeanhill72

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Sometimes they can have a little bloody-mucas after a poo if they are stressed out. It should clear up in a week or so, but it never hurts to check with your vet.

Toa and Ross

Staff member
I hear about sphynx having a little blood with the poop before. Mostly wa said it only happened one or two times and then all was normal again. If there's still blood after a day or 2 I would go to the vet for a health check.

LilithOphelia

Lairian
It seemed to be a one time thing. I haven’t noticed any blood or mucus since the last time I posted. And her poos are more solid when I don’t mix water into her wet food. And less stinky!

anamiez

Lairian
It happened to us in our first week of owning our baby. I remember crying my eyes out, but it settled down in a day or two!