Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Blue bump near nipple

Jenniferd

Lairian
Hello,
My kitty has these blue discoloration around her nipple. since this one is close to the nipple the vet is concerned. Vet wants to remove it. Has anyone had any issues like this? She also has a bump on the tail which will be biopsied in June when she gets her teeth cleaned. This thing close to the nipple will also be removed but I think it’s going to be a mastectomy. Any thoughts? Opinions? Ideas? Experience? Thank you in advance!

Attachments

• E0D5EF61-20F2-4C7F-8170-B278E124BF14.jpeg
    E0D5EF61-20F2-4C7F-8170-B278E124BF14.jpeg
    149.5 KB · Views: 86

Cinderstar95

Lairian
I've never had this type of issue, but I absolutely agree with your vet, Better safe than sorry, remove it. Mammary issues like that could be completely nothing or they could be something, so getting it taken off is for the best. I hope it's nothing serious! I am not a vet, so listen to your vets opinions over mine, but from my knowledge form human medicine (I'm studying pharmacy and have watched and researched quite a bit of vet things,) a full mastectomy would be best. If it's nothing, then it's better safe than sorry, and she wont miss the nipple, but if it is something not so good, getting rid of the whole teat and all the breast tissue will keep it from coming back! so either way, a mastectomy would likely be a win win.
I'm really sorry to see you are having this issue, anything with our babies is just terrifying. But I'm keeping you in my thoughts and am hoping for the best! keep us updated and give your baby lots of of love and snuggles.

Jenniferd

Lairian
Hi, that was my post from last year! That bump on her paw did come back but it didn’t get bigger and I’m not too concerned about that one, just keeping an eye on it. The one close to the nipple the vet is concerned because of the location. It could be nothing or something and it’s concerning cause of the location. She also has a bump on her tail that they will aspirate and determine what to do. Hopefully nothing is cancerous but I’m considering stopping all vaccinations after this, if she survives all of this.

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
Oh geez I didn’t even notice it was yours. I just recalled a post from the past on it lol. Hoping it is not serious.

Jenniferd

Lairian
Oh geez I didn’t even notice it was yours. I just recalled a post from the past on it lol. Hoping it is not serious.
Thank you! I hope too! I just watched something about pet cancer, vaccines etc. then I turn around and my kitty has these things develop. I really hope she’s ok, she’s acting fine, eating, etc.

Yoda mom

Staff member
Positive vibes!
I too am going next week to check a bluish colored lump on my boys side

Wonder if @momdeeze has any advice on the lump near the nipple area?

Will be following closely for updates
(((((Hugs))))))

Back