Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Blue Slip

Melonie

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I got my Blue Slip today. I don't know why the lady at TICA said his mom didn't have any litters in June because it shows her name right there. I think it was a language barrior. He was born June 19th, 2009. If I want to complain about her do I need to send this in?

She also checked not for show or breeding but didn't sign it which says she has to so does that make a difference?

havingalook

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I doubt you would have to send that in, to complain. It depends what your complaint will be about. If its the chlamydia, she can say " not responsible for that after the initial 4 days.'

If its possible HCM, then I don't think TICA will be able to help. The only thing I can think that you could do (apart from seeking legal advice but the contract isnt signed so could be invalid:ThumbsDown:) is make a public complaint, if she doesn't follow through with the contract. The contract doesn't actually say what action she would take (a 'replacement' kitten if your has HCM, or money back etc etc.)

HCM is an issue with Sphynx, so I don't think TICA can do anything about it as it can pop up anywhere. Its down to how the breeder handles the situation, more than anything (taking the cat out of the program, reimbursing buyers in whichever way is agreed etc etc.)

Melonie

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
She just knows how to screw me! It is like I don't want a replacement cat from her, so what is the point of fighting? Unless I got a replacement cat and gave it to someone on the Lair? LOL It would cost me a lot to continue it out though.

havingalook

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
She just knows how to screw me! It is like I don't want a replacement cat from her, so what is the point of fighting? Unless I got a replacement cat and gave it to someone on the Lair? LOL It would cost me a lot to continue it out though.

But a replacement cat could have the same issues (highly likely as the kitten I bought is sick too:ThumbsDown:) and if she's using the same lines, then it could have HCM as well, if yours tests positive. Plus, you would have to give Jack up to replace him.:Cry:

If she doesn't stand behind him/ the 1yr genetic guarantee, then you could seek legal advice (even a well written letter from a lawyer might encourage her to do the right thing if she refuses to stand behind her guarantee. Plus, you could make a complaint on ripoffreport etc, so that other buyers could be aware that she isnt reliable:ThumbsDown:

Melonie

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Yes, it is typed in.

I know I don't want any more URI's or HCM at my house! Plus I would never give Jack back to her. Ever. So, ya. Sigh, I want her shut down lol. That won't happen but still, kitty mills are just as bad as puppy mills.

havingalook

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Yes, it is typed in.

I know I don't want any more URI's or HCM at my house! Plus I would never give Jack back to her. Ever. So, ya. Sigh, I want her shut down lol. That won't happen but still, kitty mills are just as bad as puppy mills.

She's ALWAYS got kittens, 12 months a year, 2 or 3 litters at a time. :Dizzy:.

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I do not breed yet but have had to feed many kittens every 2-3 hours.
I used to save ferals.
The worse is when you think you saved a kitten and then it dies.

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian

Do you know anyone that has calico kittens with breeding rights?
Wrinkles breeder is looking for one for her breeing program.

Back